Amp and CD Palyer to match Kef iQ3

A

Anonymous

Whats the budget like? I'd say a Marantz combo. Or a NAD. They have some good budget amps.

A

Anonymous

Well, I live in South Africa, so it's kinda hard to say.

I've been looking around and I'd say my budget would allow me purchase kit from Cambridge Audio's 640 range, Rotel's RA-06 and those you've mentioned...in the same price range I've mentioned.

Basically around 350quid to give you an answer you can work with...

What about cables and interconnects?

A

Anonymous

Can you audition? I'd vote for Rotel RA-04 (no remote). Or a Marantz PM-4001. CA and NAD also have good gear in that price band.
Most preferred cable is QED Silver (or any variation). Tara Labs for IC.
I am just wondering, what made you choose KEF iQ3?

A

Anonymous

I'm able to audition Marantz, CA and NAD so I'll give them a shot...
No for that specific Rotel though, nobody imports the Rotel RA-04.

I've heard Harmon Kardon and Yamaha in that price range and I thought they weren't too bad, was just wondering if there was anything else worth a try?

I have heard a Rotel RA-05 and funny that you ask cause it was played through the iQ3's...and a matching Rotel CD player.
So far, that's the best combo I've heard.

They sounded pretty good compared to the Wharfdales and Tannoy's I heard played through other systems...
The standmount B&W 600 series wasn't launched then...unfortunately

A

Anonymous

Then my revised list would be Rotel, Marantz and Harman Kardon (not in any order of preference). I didn't question iQ3s. I was just wondering. Do take a look at the new B&W 600 series. They produce the best sonics for the price, so long as their relative prices in your country are as they are in the UK.

A

Anonymous

Ok, cool.
Gonna have to check up on the B&W's but I'll give the amp you suggest a try.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts