Amazon TV Fire Stick

grahamboyd

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Looking at buying an Amazon TV Firestick £35 or Amazon TV Firestick with 4k Ultra 4D £70.

I have a Pioneer HD Kuro TV in my living room and a cinema room with projector and 5.1 surround sound - I would look to use the stick with both - cinema room via AV amplifier and living room into TV. I have basic SKY only connected to my living room TV.

Whats the difference between the two sticks? Don't really fully understand this $k yet - guess 4,00 lines which both my cinema screen and TV don't have.

Both sticks have Netflicks - would I have to pay for Netflicks monthly over and above buying the stick - I know most people pay £5.99 a month for Netflicks. Also what films / movies are on the Fire Sticks and if I use it with my cinema room connected to the AV amplifier would you get the sound in 5.1 surround sound coming out all 5 speakers. If this was the case I guess it would do away with the need for my Blu Ray Player.

Advice much appreciated.

Thanks

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

To add, the Firebox will go up to 4K, but if you don't have a 4K tv, you can set the box to output 1080p.

You will have the option to use Amazon Prime instead of Netflix. They are both similar, so you should use them both separately on their free trial period to see which one you prefer before you start to pay. I use Amazon Prime, as I get free one day delivery on most products I order from Amazon, you also get Amazon Music, which has loads of free music to play.

If you do get Kodi installed with all the add-ons, you might decide not to bother with either of them. I can't say anymore, you'll see.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

The Firestick works wirelessly, the more expensive one is actually a Firebox, and can work wirelessly, or connected directly to your router via an ethernet cable (this is what I have done).

I would recommend the more expensive Firebox over the Firestick, it's easier to use and faster.

If you know someone who is excellent with computers/the internet, I would highly recommend you get them to add something called Kodi with all it's add-ons to the Firebox.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
One thing you have to watch out for on Amazon Prime (which I have as well - I spend more time and money on Amazon than my wife spends in the mall) is that you have to "rent" or "buy" some of the movies, when it's usually cheaper to *** out and buy the flipping BluRay outright.

Kodi sounds interesting, going to look into it tonight.

I think we're agreed that the Fire box is better than the stick, especially if you can connect it using ethernet cables rather than wirelessly.

When we had out new house built last year I had them put in Cat6 wired cables to every room in the house except the lavvies (I wanted to but the wife objected). Some got put in as phones, some as ethernet, but all using 8-wire Cat6 cable. As soon as I moved in I switched them all over to ethernet and so we have 15 prime ethernet jacks around the house, most with an 8-way switch hanging off them. We have 150 megabit internet (well, more like 50 usually) and no download limits. No cable or satellite TV service, no 4-wire telephones (we use Vonage internet phones). Welcome to the 21st Century.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts