Amazon Prime

John Duncan

Whilst the new kindle tablets look interesting in their own right

www.whathifi.com/news/amazon-launches-kindle-fire-to-rival-ipad

what is this Amazon Prime streaming service of which they speak?!

Finally, someone has got the pricing right to really challenge Apple!!! :clap:

Kindle Fire appears to be a sure fire success, as long as it performs as promised.

Oh, & Amazon Prime streaming service appears very good indeed!!

amazon-prime-instant-streaming.jpg

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:

I am a fully paid up 'Prime' member. Never seen the free streaming offered before. (I thought Prime was purely for postage.

Can you provide a direct Amazon UK link please?

John Duncan said:
So hang on - I have Amazon Prime (as in the free postage thingie); does this mean I have this streaming free as well? Or do I need a Kindle to use it?

It's going to be for US customers only initially, & will come to UK soon. Yes, if you have Amazon Prime for free postage, you will get free streaming as well! As far as I'm aware, you should be able to stream movies onto your laptop. Amazon's on demand service is different to the Prime though, which means that newly released titles won't be eligible to feature in Amazon Prime.

Similar to Netflix, Amazon also has both its on-demand and Prime video services available on connected TVs and set-top boxes in the US. I'm sure even this feature will come to UK.....dunno when though. :(

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I can find free streaming for Prime members advertised on the USA amazon site, but when I log in to my USA account* I am not a Prime member there :-(

Where's our free streaming? We pay just as much for Prime as they do!

*I have bought books from amazon.com.

chebby said:
I can find free streaming for Prime members advertised on the USA amazon site, but when I log in to my USA account* I am not a Prime member there :-(

Where's our free streaming? We pay just as much for Prime as they do!

*I have bought books from amazon.com.

I don't think you can stream movies outside the US currently. Amazon hasn't announced UK release yet. I think it'll be somewhere around Spring 2012 at the earliest.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
Finally, someone has got the pricing right to really challenge Apple!!! :clap:

Kindle Fire appears to be a sure fire success, as long as it performs as promised.

I have a Kindle Fire arriving in mid December - I'll let you know how it performs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts