Amazon prime this is disgusting

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Having been a customer of theres for year now. But had a real problem last week. I tried to order a new PC for £200 with 3 monthly no APR.

To find they refused it ( yes i bought 6 months ago a TCL) they refused it because i needed a Digital signature. and told me to phone Barclays (note i am a customer) they told me they did not even know , what a digital signature was (5 th April) So how the hell can i get a digital signature , when Barclays do not even know ,what one is..

There was a whole lot of questions on the form . telling me i had kids and how much was they costing me . Talk about personal question. My income is quite good 3 pensions plus domestic cleaning job ( private) i even own 2 houses ( co -own ex wife and step sister ) and pay cheap rent on one housing trust.

Note i do not have any kids under 21 . Note i am not Mr Trump .who appears fathered another child out of wed lock.. The whole thing is crazy and in my view illegal .

I will be going to my local Barclays bank on Tuesday it is "big Brother " again

The problem is i do not have a credit card at all or any .for that mater either

daveh75

Why is this in the Digital TV services forum?

It's standard practice to ask about your personal circumstances when applying for credit, to make sure you meet their affordability checks.

So a typical flashgordon thread it seems...

Last edited:
Reactions: doifeellucky

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Why is this in the Digital TV services forum?

It's pretty standard to ask your personal circumstances when applying for credit to make sure you meet their affordability checks.

So a typical flashgordan thread it seems...
I am ped off about it. what is the point of it. welli tried then AVG did not like something in those documents and refused to let me look at it. . Very annoyed But Barclays should have known about those questions

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Your rude maybe hes stressed !
well guys the rules had change in less than a month i And yes i can afford it We will see if anyone else has the same problem with Amazon and Barclays credit . Maybe typical Flash but see who else falls out of the net Remember mate this only started on 5th April . And i do not have even a credit card ,so do not owe anyone anything , not a penny Having sold the car ,now better off by £150 a month . Be interesting how many on here do not owe anyone on anything . including the credit card. How about it hi fi ? what about that mortgage or loan or lease on that car or hi fi gear. "silence " And i own, mortgage paid 50% on 2 properties share ownership on one in Chadwell heath and the other Billericay

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
This will hit everyone here i bet what ever you buying. on credit...And can imagine that new TV or wi fi has to wait a bit longer. itrs called the credit squeeze adding to the misery of petrol prices and inflation

Reactions: hifi

richwhite08

Mar 27, 2023
Visit site
Your last line is probably a big factor here - without a credit card, your credit score might be lower. Have you checked your score?

As to the rest of it, it's frustrating but certainly not illegal. They're simply affordability checks

Gray

This will hit everyone here i bet what ever you buying. on credit...And can imagine that new TV or wi fi has to wait a bit longer. itrs called the credit squeeze adding to the misery of petrol prices and inflation
I've never used credit Flash.
If I haven't got the money - I haven't got the product. It's as simple as that.
(I don't buy much).

Gray

A bit more of an issue Flash, is when you go into a branch of NatWest, enquiring about opening one of their 'Select' accounts.

On other accounts, they can make exceptions, but with that one they require photo ID.
I have no form of photo ID (yes I know I'm unique on this forum).
I pointed out that I've been with most other financial institutions and never needed photo ID to open an account.
A manager type butted in and said "I dont' believe you".

Now, I understand why they require ID.
I know that most people have photo ID.
But telling a customer "I don't believe you" in front of other customers.....that's wrong.
(And soon, believe me, the CEO is going to understand just how wrong it is).

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
A bit more of an issue Flash, is when you go into a branch of NatWest, enquiring about opening one of their 'Select' accounts.

On other accounts, they can make exceptions, but with that one they require photo ID.
I pointed out that I've been with most other financial institutions and never needed photo ID to open an account.

But telling a customer "I don't believe you" in front of other customers.....that's wrong.
\richwhite08 may have a credit card but does this not mean he is living on credit all the time and does not have the cash coming in . Ihave the cash coming in on top of my pension A credit card means they paying at 33% apr. or worse. I have no credit card co own at least one house all paid for ( co owned both houses oorth £500,000 and i still have to go through the hoops I call it disgusting what do you guys think ?

richwhite08

Mar 27, 2023
Visit site
\richwhite08 may have a credit card but does this not mean he is living on credit all the time and does not have the cash coming in . Ihave the cash coming in on top of my pension A credit card means they paying at 33% apr. or worse. I have no credit card co own at least one house all paid for ( co owned both houses oorth £500,000 and i still have to go through the hoops I call it disgusting what do you guys think ?
I have multiple credit cards, their balance is £0 because I pay them off - but credit cards are useful tools. For one thing, there are additional consumer protections. Second, points. Third, they show financial institutions and lenders what sort of risk you pose. That's why someone with a credit card is impacting their score - negatively or positively.

You think your situation of not having a CC and paying off your houses demonstrates you're good with money. On paper, a lender has no information about your likelihood of defaulting on the loan - you're not making mortgage payments, paying your credit card off in full each month, and so on.

One of the best things someone can do for their credit score is have access to debt but not use it - it's a debt ratio. So I have access to tens of thousands of pounds in credit card loans, and their balance is typically between £0 and £1000. That gives me an excellent ratio, and shows financial institutions they can trust me.

ETA: I almost always put larger purchases on my credit card, for the reasons above. I earn reward points which I can convert to various shops, and for purchases over £100 there are good protections - plus, if you end up getting scammed, it's the credit card's money and not yours so they'll refund you then chase the scammer on your behalf. They also serve as interest-free loans if you get a 0% card - paying in cash can be good, but the flip side is it's often better to keep the lump sum in your bank account. That way it's earning interest or available for an emergency, while you're making comfortable repayments on the card. Years ago we had to unexpectedly have roof repairs. We had an emergency fund, but rather than deplete it and then rebuild it from scratch, we used a 0% card to pay for the work and then simply made monthly payments to clear it. Emergency fund was untouched, the work was done, and it didn't cost us a penny in fees.

Last edited:
I have multiple credit cards, their balance is £0 because I pay them off - but credit cards are useful tools. For one thing, there are additional consumer protections. Second, points. Third, they show financial institutions and lenders what sort of risk you pose. That's why someone with a credit card is impacting their score - negatively or positively.

You think your situation of not having a CC and paying off your houses demonstrates you're good with money. On paper, a lender has no information about your likelihood of defaulting on the loan - you're not making mortgage payments, paying your credit card off in full each month, and so on.

One of the best things someone can do for their credit score is have access to debt but not use it - it's a debt ratio. So I have access to tens of thousands of pounds in credit card loans, and their balance is typically between £0 and £1000. That gives me an excellent ratio, and shows financial institutions they can trust me.
^^^^ THIS!

And this…

WayneKerr

Join one of the agencies or a credit score site such as Clearscore or Credit Karma, they're all free to join and you'll be able to see your credit score and report. I'm a member of both and find them quite handy to know I'm an excellent credit risk. I have an MBNA card and recently joined their Experian version too.

WayneKerr

What about your driving licence Gray?

michael hoy

Your not alone, i have no form of photo ID, no utility bill either.

Reactions: Gray

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
Having been a customer of theres for year now. But had a real problem last week. I tried to order a new PC for £200 with 3 monthly no APR.

To find they refused it ( yes i bought 6 months ago a TCL) they refused it because i needed a Digital signature. and told me to phone Barclays (note i am a customer) they told me they did not even know , what a digital signature was (5 th April) So how the hell can i get a digital signature , when Barclays do not even know ,what one is..

There was a whole lot of questions on the form . telling me i had kids and how much was they costing me . Talk about personal question. My income is quite good 3 pensions plus domestic cleaning job ( private) i even own 2 houses ( co -own ex wife and step sister ) and pay cheap rent on one housing trust.

Note i do not have any kids under 21 . Note i am not Mr Trump .who appears fathered another child out of wed lock.. The whole thing is crazy and in my view illegal .

I will be going to my local Barclays bank on Tuesday it is "big Brother " again

The problem is i do not have a credit card at all or any .for that mater either
Take a very deep breath .

Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts