Amazon in trouble over TV cube

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
having heard yesterday they been sued in court over , i believe the Alexa "Cube" . The information i got from Sky news , was that people who should not get access to "Alexa" was breaking into peoples private access. There employees appear to be involved in what appears to be a scam .
How long this has been going on for , Sky did not say.
Amazon was fined millions , gather the stuff doing this had been arrested and sacked "well that is a relief . What worries me is how secure is "Alexa "?
What about anyone else getting into the "so-called secure system ? The mind boggles., does it not Sure there are guys here who know a lot more of this worrying story

abacus

Whenever you sign up for anything you automatically give them full access to your data, and you have to specify what they can and cannot use, (The contract may prevent you you from blocking some things so always read the terms and conditions) however if this is breeched then they are liable.
The golden rule with anything online (Unless otherwise specified) is that your data will be freely available, so be careful what you do.

Bill

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
In Amazon case they broke the law. Members of there staff had illegal access and it is feared they was selling information that they had no right to sell to people of questionable nature ie not registered friendly companies but to dodgy individuals after your private passwords for scams . This is why they was fined many millions i have no idea have many court cases but it is a multiple numbers ( possible hundreds or thousands . The contract stated only to friends of Amazon ie companies that sell items through amazon and amazon themselves ( TV selling . online items ) certainly not money laundering and ghosting peoples accounts

daveh75

having heard yesterday they been sued in court over , i believe the Alexa "Cube" . The information i got from Sky news , was that people who should not get access to "Alexa" was breaking into peoples private access. There employees appear to be involved in what appears to be a scam .
How long this has been going on for , Sky did not say.
Amazon was fined millions , gather the stuff doing this had been arrested and sacked "well that is a relief . What worries me is how secure is "Alexa "?
What about anyone else getting into the "so-called secure system ? The mind boggles., does it not Sure there are guys here who know a lot more of this worrying story

You're spreading misinformation by conflating two different issues and adding a great deal of speculation.

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
very naughty i say but who or what was they doing with the information and have they been saced and put into prison "Please"yes i knew about the ring door but in my view all those ring door are a dodgy as a five bob note and should not be used including verasure yes them too

Last edited:

DCarmi

If you sign up to this stuff then you pretty much need to consider the possible implications and whether you are happy with them or not. You may also need to be aware of your surroundings.

For example if you stand and chat within 20 feet of house with a Ring door bell, it can record your conversation. I assume other smart doorbells are similar. If the subscriber has a plan with Amazon then they can store and review that conversation for about 6 months.

There again. I have a smart phone, a computer and several indoor smart devices so, I figure my privacy is already somewhat compromised and I'll bear that in mind and live with it, just for the convenience.

If a company or employees break the law by using this data inappropriately, they deserve to be dealt with by the law.

TRENDING THREADS