Amazing Hi-Fi Bargain

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Last night as I sipped cocktail number 2 and listened to Norah Jones for the 700'th time, I couldn't help but marvel at what an amazing bargain these Monitor Audio RS6's are. Yes, they lack a smidgen of the detail of a spendor or pmc, but they are so darn entertaining! Hugely satisfying presentation of all genre's of music. They look positively stunning with the grills off. And they can be had for around £500. Truly an amazing bargain.

A

Anonymous

Where for £500? I'm considering replacing my TR-5's for these.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Trefor Patten:700th, RS6s, genres and grilles, actually. Still, good to know that you are happy.

No komment.

Blunny89:Where for £500? I'm considering replacing my TR-5's for these.

Well, I'm in the USA, so I was translating my price in dollars to what it should be in pounds. I got mine from audiogon.com. They were still in the factory sealed box. 30% off the retail price. But I've seen them online for about 20% off retail price. For instance:

http://sellspeaker.com/product_info.php?currency=USD&products_id=2148&key=1

http://www.digitalcraze.com/Details.asp?Source=Froogle&ProductID=3226

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Now therre`s a coincidence, I was listening to Norah Jones last night, as well. I`d love to hear her on some serious kit - I`ve 'only' got an ageing Denon DM31 and a pair of Grado SR60s - having said that, I`m not complaining. What album were you listening to? I`ve got Come Away With Me and Feels Like Home - both superb.

A

Anonymous

Cheers mate, unfortunately I'm in the UK!

I still fancy some floor standers though...

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
daveyjay:Now therre`s a coincidence, I was listening to Norah Jones last night, as well. I`d love to hear her on some serious kit - I`ve 'only' got an ageing Denon DM31 and a pair of Grado SR60s - having said that, I`m not complaining. What album were you listening to? I`ve got Come Away With Me and Feels Like Home - both superb.

I must admit to being a fan of the female voice and my RS6s sound especially fantastic when Norah, Sade, Alicia Keys, Diana Krall et al are part of the HiFi equation.

method man

May 18, 2009
Visit site
whilst i wouldnt dream of talking shop with you amp heads
emotion-1.gif
as a few of you are enjoying Nora jones, who for me is a little sleepy, you might like to check out Tierney Sutton. her album 'Blue in green' is a great starter.

A

Anonymous

ive got some RS6 at home on loan from SMC and found them a lttle boomy at the bottom end (curable with port bungs)and shouty at the top, but their not run in properly yet. Im torn i like the rs6's punch and mid range warmth but i dont want too committ too buying without hearing them run in, but they have to go back tomorrow :(

Does the top end calm down alot after a while? As nora last made me want to put earplugs in. reet shrill she was.

SWMBO like the look of them so ive the nod if i want to buy, but ive a nagging doubt they might not be my cup of tea ooohhh .

Messiah

garethwd:ive got some RS6 at home on loan from SMC and found them a lttle boomy at the bottom end (curable with port bungs)and shouty at the top, but their not run in properly yet. Im torn i like the rs6's punch and mid range warmth but i dont want too committ too buying without hearing them run in, but they have to go back tomorrow :(

Does the top end calm down alot after a while? As nora last made me want to put earplugs in. reet shrill she was.

SWMBO like the look of them so ive the nod if i want to buy, but ive a nagging doubt they might not be my cup of tea ooohhh.

They really need to be run in and they will calm down (or you get used to it...) but at the end of it they sound gooooood.

A

Anonymous

Remember, on your usual kit you are used to a certain tone and when you swap something, sometimes what you thought was a good recording can get murdered - often sounding totally different!

There are so many poor recordings out there too - too loud, too compressed and shouty.

A

Anonymous

I own the rs1's which are the standmount version, ive listend to the rs6's and they are great in all areas just to large for my listening room, my rs1's work well with my smooth sounding arcam, musical fidelity gear, calms down the very slight brightness nicely.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts