Alternative for Panny SC-BT100?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was looking forward for Panny's SC-BT100, but i'm a little dissapointed by the review of it. It looks that the player itself is good, but the soundsystem is bad. What alternatives do i have?
I really liked the idea of all in one because, well it's all in one..
emotion-5.gif

So what can i do?
I can buy one of Panny's new BR players but which amp do i need (i'm a total n00b)? Personal i want everything 'slimline', but probably that is a little problem with amps, isn't it?
Also, for now i only want 2.1 / 3.1 system, but i like the idea that i can upgrade it in the future to an 5.1/7.1 system

Is Onkyo's HTX-22HD something to consider?

So i buy a Panny DMP-BD50 and.....?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We understand your frustration - simply put, we've yet to see a totally convincing Blu-ray in a box system.

There are, however, some interesting solutions on their way - ranging from a relatively slimline receiver partner for its players from Panasonic (£400 - to be reviewed shortly) to systems from Onkyo, Sony and others that include amplification and speakers but no player - leaving you free to choose the best Blu-ray player for your budget.

Watch this space and we'll be bringing you reviews as soon as we can...

A

Anonymous

Thanks!

With systems from Onkyo do you mean the HTX -22HD? Is this one also going to be reviewed?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yep, we've got that in for test - can't give you an exact date right now, as we're currently ripping up all our contents lists/test schedules to accommodate all the Awards judging that needs to get done.

Needless to say we'll be posting reviews on here on a regular basis - both before and after we run them in mag.

TRENDING THREADS