All-in-one vs separates

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Any views on the respective quality of all-in-one systems (e.g. Onkyo CS515, Denon M37) and low-end separates (from, say, NAD C515BEE to Marantz CD6002 and equivalent range of amps) - i.e. in the £250-400 price range (excluding speakers)?

A

Anonymous

Can it be true that no one has an opinion on this? Will no one wax lyrical about the glory of separates, or wax condescending about 'lifestyle' systems?

Perhaps whoever recently reviewed the Denon M37DAB might offer a comparison with highly rated budget separates...?

John Duncan

Either has their place, and at that price point I'd be happy with either, probably - my old Denon was 'proper' hifi with half-decent speakers. So it's down to how you want it to look, and how upgradable you want it to be, IMO.

A

Anonymous

All-in-one systems are ideal for those who want to get a decent quality of music at a relatively affordable price or perhaps have no choice due to serious space constraints.

I personally prefer separates as I view these as 'real hi-fi' - that's just my view. It also provides me the option to mix and match, upgrade, downgrade etc.

The CS515 is reported to offer budget separates a good run for the money, which is admirable, and that reflects how far ahead these components have come in terms of sound quality.

At the end of the day, the choice is yours.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts