ALL IN ONE SYSTEMS - ANY GOOD?

gareth133

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I will soon be upgrading my current set-up of Cambridge Audio Azur 340C (CD Player) and Cambridge Audio Azur 340A (Amp). Initially I was going to upgrade to something similar to Marantz CD6003 and Yamaha A-S500, however I have recently been drawn to all in one systems that would look good in the livingroom, thus keeping the wife happy!

But the big question is...do they sound any good at my price range (£1300)?

I have been told that systems like Arcam Solo or Myryad Mi will totally outgun my current budget separates system and most other separates systems in my price range would be hard run to compete.

Do you agree? Any advice appreciated.

Gareth

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Go out and have a demo Gareth and go from there, both the Neo and Mi are good unit's and if you have to have a one box package then these two should be on the list to demo around tht money.
If you can get away from that solution to separates then you could build a better sounding system than both of them for the £1.3k you have. My opinion only of course.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I went for an all in one system (a bit pricier than the Solo) because I wanted something compact, and it gave me usability as a DAC. Mine sounds great, but then again I didn't test it against many separates in the same price range. I think I could've gotten slightly better sound out of separates for a similar price, but everything I was interested in was huge (Luxman aren't really into doing compact boxes for most of their kit).

I think the Solo would outgun your current setup, and while I haven't heard the Yamaha/Marantz combination, I thought the Solo (haven't heard the Solo Neo) was better than the Marantz CD/PM6003 combination.

I really think you need to have a listen yourself and see whether you like the sound, and decide whether you value the compact nature and other virtues of an all in one system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts