Album Covers

GazW649

Jan 8, 2008
Visit site
My Creative Zen Vision:M has given up the ghost, and i am taking the plunge and getting an ipod classic. Thing is I want album covers for all my albums, but don't have the image for most. How do I quickly add all album covers to the ipod? I couldn't be bothered downloading each individual album as I will need over 400+ covers

John Duncan

Firstly you'll need to import all the files to iTunes (so let's hope they all have their tags!). There is a setting in preferences to automatically get album artwork, but if for some reason that doesn't work, you can right click on a track in each album and go "get album artwork". If the album's in iTunes, it'll get it. So lots of Beatles and AC/DC albums and you're out of luck, but most others'll be fine. If you're left with any without artwork, first go to the iTunes store and check that the album isn;t there - if it is, it probably just has a slightly different artist or title in your library - change it to match what it says in the iTunes store and try to get artwork again.

If all else fails, download the artwork from somewhere like cdcovers or amazon, select all the tracks in the album, right click/get info, there's a box that you can drag artwork onto.

Shouldn't take long.

John Duncan

It should be, provided as I say that the tags are present in your (presumably?) mp3s. Most software you could have used previously will have done that so shouldn't be an issue. If it is an issue, then come back as there may be ways of dealing with it in an automated way.

Woodruffe

Feb 6, 2008
Visit site
I used a very useful tool called TuneSleeve - http://tunesleeve.googlepages.com/ Seems to use Google Images to find the covers and if it can't lets you choose the best option. Took the hassle out of copy and pasting
emotion-1.gif

Ben

A

Anonymous

Before importing your music into iTunes, it may be worth running it through some tagging software. This'll clean up your album and song titles, plus artist names and other metadata which increases your chances of iTunes finding the correct artwork automatically. There are quite a few apps that do this but my current personal favourite is MusicBrainz Picard, which also happens to be free.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts