AKG K702s on e-bay

idc

I have just bought brand new in a sealed box AKG K702s for £177 (including postage) off e-bay. That is £70 less than I can find anywhere else. These are the new AKGs in black to complement/replace the white 701s. The seller is pandb15, who has 48 sales with 100% feedback, including other AKGs. The seller has two left at £194 including postage, or make an offer.

There are ones from the US for a similar price, but then add £30 for postage. There are others at buy it now for a lot more. My first e-bay purchase, hopefully it completes without a problem.

idc

All gone, meantime. Headphones arrived within two days, brand new in a sealed box as advertised. My wife has had a listen to check them and said they sound amazing, now I just have to wait till my birthday
emotion-49.gif

A

Anonymous

They could be fake.

I bought some cheap Audio Technica cans from a seller, with 200+ positive feedback. He also sold shure stuff.

The cans were indistinguishable from the real thing. I sent them to AT UK and they wrote back that the insides were cheap bog standard stuff.

China is flooding ebay with superb quality fakes.

I'd be worried, honestly. They may sound ok, but then so do stock ipod buds.

idc

I know that there is a risk, but I feel I have absolutely minimised that risk by buying them off someone who has sold a number of AKGs and got very positive feedback. The K702s are not generally bought by casual buyers who are not into hifi and so I would hope that if there was a problem it has been spotted by now. I will do a check with the serial number.

What prompted you to send your headphones to AT, was it the case that they looked fine, but sounded odd?

EDIT - the wife has just appeared, she had a listen to check them before they were wrapped up for the birthday. Her comment was that if they are fake they are brilliant and sound better than the Grados I have.

A

Anonymous

Because the seller has a few hundred +ve feedback and had sold to numerous happy purchasers. I just knew by the prices it was fishy, so I took it upon myself to sort it out.

I refused to pay, and sent them straight to the dealer.

Despite leaving feedback they were fake and a mail to ebay, the website ignored me. So did lots of future buyers who posted they sounded amazing.

I still have the letter from AT saying they were tat. You can't tell some folk. Ebay were worse then useless. He is still happily selling the stuff to this day. So much for the law, and genuine buyers. I got rubbish feeback off him too!!!

A

Anonymous

Anyone selling designer jeans, bags, or electricals cheaply and in numbers...

Just don't.

You may have been ok, but ebay is just a crooks' playground. A real shame. It spoils it for all the genuine sellers.

idc

Price wise what I paid is what US sellers (not just on ebay, but elsewhere on the internet) are selling at. The difference being postage at a tenner instead of £30 plus. I would have been very suspicious if he had been selling in large numbers at way, way less than market value. A previous post on buying second hand has primarily revealed good experiences. My wife will not let me at them until my birthday. Her comment was if they are fake then so what, they clearly sound better than the Grado SR80s I use and she checked them with and they are beautifull made.

Have you tried reporting your experience to Trading Standards?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts