admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've been planning to order these phones after Christmas to accompany my SR325's. I've just noticed WHF have given them four stars for the RRP of £350. As they are readily available for £160 from many well known stores I'm not sure this is the most impressive analytical review for the consumer. It would be interesting to have a short alternative review where you give star ratings for actual consumer prices rather than the RRP.

As for the rating I can't agree. I've heard a pair of these out of the box and I've heard a pair after a few months use. They have a legendary burn in time. Sure they are analytical but for well produced albums they sound simply amazing and for £160 are a far, far, far better buy than the SR325's.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
We must hold our hands up - there's a typo in the AKG review and the price should read £250. If you've seen them for £160 they certainly look a more compelling purchase.

I'd agree that the AKGs take a long running-in, and that's what we gave 'em. I'd also agree that they make a well-produced album sound most agreeable, but for £250 I'd want some 'phones that could also do a job with a ropey recording rather than getting all sniffy about it.

A

Anonymous

Sat here listening with a few hundred hours use on these now. They are truly mesmerizing in their lifting of detail and all round quality of reproduction.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Octopo:Sat here listening with a few hundred hours use on these now. They are truly mesmerizing in their lifting of detail and all round quality of reproduction.

That's also my opinion of the AKGs... Enjoy!

A

Anonymous

It becomes as if they aren't there. Something I never had with the Grado's.

A

Anonymous

I agree. The K7s are amazing. My only problem with them is the slight lack of bass.Still my favourite headphones to date though...

A

Anonymous

mr_tg:
I agree. The K7s are amazing. My only problem with them is the slight lack of bass.Still my favourite headphones to date though...

I don't know how you have them connected but I have a Darkvoice tube headphone amp on order. The tube stylee is supposed to bring the whole scientific thing under control. Apparently you get the best of both worlds, my cup of tea.ÿ

A

Anonymous

A new revelation with these headphones - Prime Ministers Questions.

Robert Peston? Boo. I can hear everyone damn conversation going on in that chamber.

ÿ

Nick Clegg - (Complains about bankers' bonuses)

Some MP - "Uh... uh vicar. Bad hair day I presume".

ÿ

You heard it from me first.ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

I'm been through more than I should have in my hifi time but I feel like an age-older listening to these. Johnny Cash - Hurt. I feel his hurt with a big dollop of detail and extra feeling on top.

A

Anonymous

With only the most pleasurable sounds of nature and the unforgettable Lake District pub warmth ringing in my ears whilst I spent a week in the wilds, getting home and placing these back on my bashed skull is akin to entering heaven from the Cave of the Patriarchs.

A

Anonymous

There are no speakers capable of the soundstage these cans placed on the perimeter of my skull can achieve.

A

Anonymous

The only thing that beats the AKG k701 with a decent DAC and headphone amp is your subconscious paranoia.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts