AKG K550 or AKG Q701

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys

Just wanted some help because Im trying to chose between the AKG K550 or AKG Q701 as I can get them both on good prices but not sure which sounds better!

fatman

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
i've got the Q701 plugged into a firestone audio fubar4+ which i am very happy with. haven't heard the 550's to compare, but never once wondered if i could have got a better sound for the price.

will you be using a headphone amp? firestone audio regularly offer products heavily discounted. great partnership.

A

Anonymous

Yes true I got the K450 as of a month ago my self and they are good but wanted something for proper home use!

And thank You very much for replaying!

Just another question, I dont have an amp but do you still think they ( Q701) will sound good straight from the computer?

I mean I got Companion 5 Bose computer system!

bigmoose

May 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a pair of AKG K701 (Which are pretty much the same as the Q701 without removable cables) and can confirm they do sound great with a MP3 or Ipad. They are not very sensitive headphone and you will need to push the volume full blast to reach a decent volume.

Even if you can't afford an amp right now, I would still recommend the Q701 based on the fact you can "upgrade" the sound with an amp later on. I haven't heard the K550, but I can see they don't have the same mechanism that makes the heaphone sit on your head and makes them by far the most comfortable headset I have ever tested...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts