Airport express setup

Ksutty

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Got myself one of these so that I can stream music via itunes to my hifi, problem is I cant get it to work. I have a sony vaio fw21E laptop and a BTvoyager 2110 wireless router and cannot get the AE to connect to my existing wireless network. I must have spent the last 4 evenings trying everything I can think of. Just wondered if anybody can help.

Ksutty

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the link, I had already tried the ethernet lead a few nights ago without joy but had not even considered what form of encryption my router was using which turned out to be the key. I changed it from 128 wep to wpa ( i think ) but anyway got that fantastic little green light at last. Works well now with everything but my printer ( hp c4100 ) but i think thats due to it being an all in one.
Thanks once again, I was beginning to think id bought a very expensive paper weight!

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't understand why they keep saying it will support WEP - I tried all sorts of lengths of WEP key before giving up and changing everything on my wifi to WPA - at which point the AE sprang into life and has done so ever since!

John Duncan

fatboyslimfast:I don't understand why they keep saying it will support WEP - I tried all sorts of lengths of WEP key before giving up and changing everything on my wifi to WPA - at which point the AE sprang into life and has done so ever since!

I think with WEP you need to put a '$' in front of the key - there are contradictory stories depending on firmware version - though I haven't tried it.......

John Duncan

Not that then
emotion-2.gif

Course, WEP is rubbish - I'm outside your house using your internet connecton as we speak....
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

My used WEP with AE successfully for over 2 years due to laptop card being too old to accept WPA.

Stuck to 13 letter ASCII and never had a problem.

I've now upgraded to WPA2 with my new card and all ok.

Must have been one of the lucky ones!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Indeed, I've seen someone hack a WEP protected network in seconds just using tools he downloaded off the internet (it was an IT security workshop before anyone gets scared of my nefarious activities).

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts