Airport Express question.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Can i stream anything else via the AE bar iTunes? Would like to listen to YouTube, is is possible? If so, how do you set it up. Cheers.

A

Anonymous

yes. but you'll need to purchase airfoil. i think it's $30. once you've got it set up you can "hijack" airport express and stream from the net, spotify, your pc etc.

there's a dropdown menu on airfoil, if the source you want to stream from isn't on it (it probably will be) then you can add it
emotion-21.gif

T

the record spot

There y'go. Alternatively, there's the new Apple TV, or the one from Sony, which will stream to your TV. Airfoil however, is impressive and takes some beating for the money. They'll send you updates for free as well.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Airfoil looks good, cheers maxflinn.
emotion-21.gif

On the AppleTV RS, can you stream video or live stream from the net, or is that only the Sony devise?

axman

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I am not familar with airfoil, but I stream everything to Apple TV2 which is connected to my receiver and TV.

There is a bug at the moment though so you can't stream everything yet (youtube is ok), but I understand that a fix is on the way.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Just a warning before you purchase Airfoil - there is a delay in between sound being streamed and reaching your remote speakers. So if you're wanting to watch things on YouTube with sound coming from your hi-fi, the video won't match the audio.

It's a great app, but just so you're aware of its limitations.

John Duncan

professorhat:
Just a warning before you purchase Airfoil - there is a delay in between sound being streamed and reaching your remote speakers. So if you're wanting to watch things on YouTube with sound coming from your hi-fi, the video won't match the audio.

aHA. They've changed it for this very reason - from Airfoil 4 if you use the bundled Airfoil Video Player, it will sync (eg) youtube video with audio...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:professorhat:

aHA. They've changed it for this very reason - from Airfoil 4 if you use the bundled Airfoil Video Player, it will sync (eg) youtube video with audio...

Well slap my face with a herring! Good on them!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts