AirDAC or irDAC

LEEMCCANN

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Im in the process of purchasing an Arcam A19 amp and Kef LS50 speakers The source to run this will be my ipad/iphone using spotify premium mainly. Im looking at the best way to to get the music to the amp and out of the speakers and am leaning towards a DAC either the Arcam AirDAC or irDAC Question is, what will off the best sound, will the airplay option be as good qulaity as a wired connection to the irDAC ? also does anyone have any other suggestions? this is a second room system in my dining room and as such I wont need to connect other sources but I do like the idea of wireless streaming thanks

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I would be inclined to get an AEX and work from there.

Opinions seen to vary on the sound quality from this unit but it is possible to set it up to deliver a bit perfect signal either to it's on board dac or to it's digital output.

Given the low cost I would use it as a reference and try any of the more expensive options and see if I got a worthwhile improvement.

Maybe try a wired option but they are becoming quite rare, particularly for the modern 'lightening' connector.

I use iPad > AEX > FiioD3 > Active speakers, the Fiio dac offers no real advantage over the dac in the AEX. I use it because of it's better connectivity.

LEEMCCANN

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

imthink I'm going to demo the AEX against an AirDAC and hear for myself I'd be pretty disappointed with WHat hifi if there was not a significant difference bearing in mind the reviews, the speakers and amp are now on order so it's just a case of how to get music to the amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts