Ah...that headphone question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
OK, so I want a pair on earphones. I've got up to £100. I listen mostly to rock/metal, but some of most other things in there too. It's for an iPhone so the in-line remote/microphone would be handy. My shortlist (with the price I've found them for):

Beyerdynamic DTX100 (£80)

Shure SE115 (£50)

Shure SE310 (£100)

Etymotic Research HF2 (non-custom) (£70)

Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5vi (£60)

I'm less convinced by the Beyerdynamics and the UEs. The 310s sound good on paper, but the 115s are half the price. The Etymotics also sound good on paper, but are they comfortable when not custom fit, and there is THAT bass question. And the remote looks a bit big.

Advice most gratefully received.

A

A

Anonymous

You are the only one who can tell if a pair of headphones sound good.

Sound is such a personal thing.

Listen to as many sets as you can before buying and add Grado SR60i to your list.

If you are told by a shop that a demo is not possible for health & safety reasons walk out immediately and go somewhere else.

Audio shops that expect you to spend money with them without an audition deserve to go out of business.

A

Anonymous

I have used the Etymotic HF2s and they do sound amazing don't get much in the way of bass but high tone and pitch i don't think you can beat them. But one thing to bare in mind i had 3 sets of them as the build quality is shocking my last pair died the other week and are now out of guarantee i have got the Klispch X10i now and they are simply amazing. I have also tried the Monster Beats by Dr Dre ControlTalk and they are very good as well so i would suggest popping these on your list.

With regards to willieeckslyke about asking for a Dem of them you cant normaly Dem in ear headphone for health reason and regardless of what he says do you really want to be putting something in your ear that anyone else out there could have used?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts