After many years of my teenager savings!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
zdizgnj07_DSCF2053.JPG

q1swhxg6z_DSCF2054.JPG

im3bgwynz_DSCF2055.JPG

ts3m9aa7v_DSCF2056.JPG

Here's what you see! :)

Samsung 32" HD TV

Sony Playstation 3

Gemini TT-04 Decks

Behringer DJX700 Mixer

Cakewalk MA-15D Micro Monitors

Custom Built PC - E8400, ATI Raedon 4850HD, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate

And a collection of around 250 vinyls (mainly Dubstep and Drum & Bass)!

A

Anonymous

Well, im now 17, since 22nd January. I've put pretty much every penny I ever got into this haha. I don't own all of it, some of it is my brothers, the turntables, mixer and most the vinyls are his.

No idea, why would I want to play two records at once? ;D

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
whatever you do dont EVER sell the mixing table.it kiks great punch into music.I find that much more important even then having the power to mix elements

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Arent all the big DJs going to CDJ/Laptop mixing nowadays? Cant blame em I suppose, when the other option is lugging around massive heavy boxes full ov vinyl.
emotion-1.gif
Although then I suppose the real big names have someone to do the lugging for them.

Looking good anyway, wish I had that kit when I was 17...

A

Anonymous

Very nice Deathstepper. Nowt like the real deal of 'proper' decks. :) Are you into music production/DAW's also ?

There's some nice fat beats on that Distance - Clockwork 12 you got there too !

A

Anonymous

ear:whatever you do dont EVER sell the mixing table.it
kiks great punch into music.I find that much more important even then
having the power to mix elements

I only got it 2 days ago, it's just a big office desk, nice height for mixing though.

Craig M.:i think that looks great! well done that man
emotion-21.gif

Thanks man, I'm really happy with it :)

JamesOK:

Arent all the big DJs going to CDJ/Laptop
mixing nowadays? Cant blame em I suppose, when the other option is
lugging around massive heavy boxes full ov vinyl.
emotion-1.gif
Although then I
suppose the real big names have someone to do the lugging for them.

*** CDJs! They just take the fun out of mixing, beatmatch everything for you, queue it all up and that. There's still tons and tons of DJs that still mix vinyl.

I think it just defeats the point if you can just download music then burn it to CDs and play it out, sure it's convenient but would you rather have 300 Tesco branded CD copies or 300 nice fat vinyls with the awesome covers they come in? ;D

But yeah, I guess you are right, most people are mixing on CDJs and Laptops, but vinyl isn't dead yet!

THE_FORCE:

Very nice Deathstepper. Nowt like the real deal of 'proper' decks. :) Are you into music production/DAW's also ?

There's some nice fat beats on that Distance - Clockwork 12 you got there too !

Yeah definately man! Can't get enough of vinyl personally, since I'm more into my tech and that I thought I would have gone towards CDJs, but for some reason I just love decks and vinyl...

I bought the monitors with the intention of starting to produce, but when I got the desk and got the decks into my room I can't seem to get into producing, I'm just enjoying learning to mix too much haha.

You know the score, Distance is the one! ;)

The other tune is great too, Lung - Afterlife, it's the first vinyl the guy has ever released and he's only 19.

idc:Brilliant, we need more PC desktop setups on the
forum. It is the future. Ant thoughts on getting isolation cones or
similar for the speakers to sit on?

Thanks man :)

I'm up for getting anything to improve my setup really, you got any suggestions? Right now they're just sitting on the rubber feet they come with.

matthewpiano

JamesOK:
Arent all the big DJs going to CDJ/Laptop mixing nowadays? Cant blame em I suppose, when the other option is lugging around massive heavy boxes full ov vinyl.
emotion-1.gif
Although then I suppose the real big names have someone to do the lugging for them.

My SL1210Mk2 weighs a ton. I'm amazed anyone carries them around. Fortunately mine is purely for hi-fi use and stays put!!

idc

DeathStepper:

idc:Brilliant, we need more PC desktop setups on the forum. It is the future. Ant thoughts on getting isolation cones or similar for the speakers to sit on?

Thanks man :)

I'm up for getting anything to improve my setup really, you got any suggestions? Right now they're just sitting on the rubber feet they come with.

I have seen half breeze blocks and telephone directories being used, but I was thinking more along the lines of here....

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=isolation+cones&_sacat=See-All-Categories

A

Anonymous

nice one DeathStepper!
emotion-21.gif

wish I done the same when I was your age .... sadly, when I was your age, I spent all my money on women, wine, motorbikes, drugs and rock and roll

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano:My SL1210Mk2 weighs a ton. I'm amazed anyone carries them around. Fortunately mine is purely for hi-fi use and stays put!!

I was talking about lugging around records, rather than the deck itself, but I know what you mean.

The SL1210Mk2 is still the industry standard as far as I know!

A

Anonymous

nice. get serato scratch (or similar) when you get the cash, so you can start spinning all your digital music on vinyl.

And practice!ÿ

A

Anonymous

idc:
I have seen half breeze blocks and telephone directories being used, but I was thinking more along the lines of here....

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=isolation+cones&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Nice one man, might get some.

dim_span:

nice one DeathStepper!
emotion-21.gif

wish I done the same when I was your age .... sadly, when I was your
age, I spent all my money on women, wine, motorbikes, drugs and rock
and roll

What says I don't do the same haha? To get all this has taken me years, we do free parties up on a mountain near me almost every weekend now too, it's the lifestyle to be living haha..

JamesOK:

matthewpiano:My SL1210Mk2 weighs
a ton. I'm amazed anyone carries them around. Fortunately mine is
purely for hi-fi use and stays put!!

I was talking about lugging around records, rather than the deck itself, but I know what you mean.

The SL1210Mk2 is still the industry standard as far as I know!

Yeah turntables weigh a ton! Vinyl aint too bad, it's alright with a few mates and a few strap bags.

Dom Tych:

nice. get serato scratch (or similar) when you get the cash, so you can start spinning all your digital music on vinyl.

And practice!

Just checked that thing out, looks awesome man, great idea. Might consider future purchase!

TRENDING THREADS