AE Evo 3 vs Dali Zensor 3

K9nny

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, it's time for new speakers, maybe. I currently have a pair of trusty Evo 3's, but the new room layout means that I have little floor space, so it may be time for something that doesn't require square footage. I like the look of the Zensor 3's. My question is: having never owned a decent pair of bookshelf speakers before, are the Dali's or something similar in price a worthwhile upgrade, or am I just getting the same performance of the Evo 3's but in a smaller box? Thanks, Kenny.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Zensor 3 are medium size stand mount speakers, too large to perform well on a bookshelf or placed on furniture.

The big bass driver will 'woofle' and rattle any furniture it is placed on. Far better to use something smaller and, if needed, add a small subwoofer. A pair of Zenzor 1s and a BK Gemini might be a good fit, about £400 if you shop around.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
If you're placing them on shelves just turn the speakers upside down with a bit of bleu tac to hold them in place.

You will probably need a while to get use to the lack of bass although you may grow to like it - but Dave's suggestion makes sense ref. The 1's and a sub .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts