Advise please

mmichbam

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi all this is my first post so please be patient with me.

My system is Marantz CD63KI, Cyrus 3i with PSXR and Kef refence 102 speakers on Partington Super Dreadnoughts. Cables are VDH 102mk2 and VDH CS122 speaker cable.

i was happy with the sound being neutral with good detail and reasonable bass, then a mate came over with his cables to try Transparent MusicLink super interconnect and Nordost Red Dawn speaker cable.

WOW what a difference much more detail deeper bass so much clearer no harshness in the treble at all.

My question is I know that this was around £1000 of cable is there anything out the that would give me similar results for not that much. I was thinking of changing the CD player but this has let me see what it is capable of.

Any advise is welcome.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
The Marantz is a good CDP, so wouldn't be inclined to change it... look on Ebay there are some red dawn and Transparrent musiclink cables for sale.

Mac

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
mmichbam said:
Hi all this is my first post so please be patient with me.

My system is Marantz CD63KI, Cyrus 3i with PSXR and Kef refence 102 speakers on Partington Super Dreadnoughts. Cables are VDH 102mk2 and VDH CS122 speaker cable.

i was happy with the sound being neutral with good detail and reasonable bass, then a mate came over with his cables to try Transparent MusicLink super interconnect and Nordost Red Dawn speaker cable.

WOW what a difference much more detail deeper bass so much clearer no harshness in the treble at all.

My question is I know that this was around £1000 of cable is there anything out the that would give me similar results for not that much. I was thinking of changing the CD player but this has let me see what it is capable of.

Any advise is welcome.

Given the less than consistent subjective reviews of cables, not to mention their dubious ability to improve sound quality over a suitably sized cable of much cheaper origin, I would say that ebay should be the last place to look for such items. You would never know if you had bought a fake or not.

The only way of guaranteeing an authentic product in this case, is to use an authorised seller.

My advise would be to look at what it is you think is lacking in your system and then focus on speakers and amps. If you are simply after the same sort of sound as with the cables you listened to, then buy those cables. There is no difference in spending £1K on a pair of speakers or a pair of cables, if you get the sound that you want and you are happy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts