Advice on the best way to...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi :) Sorry for my first post being a question, but I've got a really annoying problem with my USB turntable. At the moment I'm playing it through my Macbook via USB, every now and then I get horrible feedback, but apparently that's normal when using the USB cable with it. My turntable also has 2 RCA output leads (red+white) So I was looking for some advice on the best way to connect using the RCA cables. I've been told that you can connect them to a hi-fi with RCA inputs, so I've decided to go down that route. If anyone knows of any stereos with RCA outputs for around £90ish, or a set of speakers that I can somehow connect to it via RCA cables (as space is an issue) I would be highly grateful. I was previously using a pre-amp to connect the RCA cables to, but apparently my turntable has a built in pre amp, and with two amps I was getting some major feedback. Thanks very much in advance. :)

A

Anonymous

Also, sorry for the wall of text, it wont appear to let me do paragraphs.

A

Anonymous

what model of t/t are you using?

i'm taking a guess its got a phono stage and not pre-amp? you could use it with te.g. he audioengine a5's as they have a built in amp, but you probably wouldn't get the best out of it.

p.s. if you put in with out the .'s it gives you paragraphs.

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks for the replies. :)

This is mainly purely to play my vinyl records, but every now and then I will want to convert to mp3, but right now I'm primarily trying to get it to work as a record player.

I won't play it through my Macbook in the future as it has no RCA inputs, thank you again for the replies.

John Duncan

Then it's going to feedback whatever you do - the cartridge is a microphone, and sound from the laptop will be picked up and amplified - I suspect the cable has nothing to do with it. Keep the TT away from the sound source........

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Firstly, use <p></p> to do paragraphs.

Secondly, is this to convert vinyl to mp3 only or for actual playing through your Macbook?[/quote]

You don't need the </p> bit, it works just with the <p> (and I had to copy your text to get them to appear in this post.)

A

Anonymous

why wont they appear? i tried separating them with ellipses, but it still disappeared.

John Duncan

[quote user="gpi"][quote user="JohnDuncan"]Firstly, use <p></p> to do paragraphs.

Secondly, is this to convert vinyl to mp3 only or for actual playing through your Macbook?[/quote]

You don't need the </p> bit, it works just with the <p> (and I had to copy your text to get them to appear in this post.)[/quote]

No ellipses, just like I put them there. And I wasn't aware that just <p> worked, I shall try it now....

I show the <p> by typing "code" and "/code" in square brackets round the html.

A

Anonymous

Ah brilliant, so how do you suggest I position them? Should I move the TT further away from my laptop or the speakers?

John Duncan

From the speakers - the cartridge picks up the vibrations of the speakers and amplifies it, and so on in an infinite loop. Try moving the TT away and see if you still have the feedback problem.

A

Anonymous

Right I'm just about to move the speakers further away, but I should probably mention that most of the time it sounds absolutely perfect, every 5 minutes or so I get the horrible feedback, and I press the moniter input button on Audacity (the program I'm playing it through) which stops the music, wait a second then press it again and it sounds perfect until next time it happens.
I'm just moving them now :)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"]From the speakers - the cartridge picks up the vibrations of the speakers and amplifies it, and so on in an infinite loop. Try moving the TT away and see if you still have the feedback problem.[/quote]
You sir, are a genius! I've just gone through 2 LP's and I haven't had the problem once :) FIngers crossed that it'll keep this up.
Thankyou very much for your help everybody :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts