Advice on sub woofers and rear surround speakers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

beaker_07

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I have found the forums invaluable for getting help in selecting what to buy and advice on setting everything up.

I was recommended the following HDMI cable from RS to use between my amp and tv :-

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200471-pearl-hdmi-1m.aspx

Did you find your expensive cable was much better than the less expensive ones?

I have seen on other forums the debate on whether cables make a difference to the overall result or not - I am tempted to try one more expensive cable to try for myself.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
and for that price it looks like a good cable so I would go for it.

Again to answer your question I do think good cables make a difference and yes the cables between my bluray player/ sky hd box and my amp then onto my tv did cost over £50 for a metre but then I probably use my sky box more than anything else so I thought I would use a more expensive cable, generally the more expensive the better quality of construction the cable has with better connectors at each end.

I don't get into any debates on this forum regarding cables as they usually end up in a mass slanging match between both sides.

Just one thing most suppliers of the more expensive cables offer some type of money back guarantee over a period of days so that you can try the cable, if you don't think it makes any difference then you can send it back.

*music2*

Your Amazon HDMI cables are perfect for the job. You won't notice any improvement by going for more expensive cables. It's the build quality you look for. All my HDMI cables are around £5-£10 per metre with excellent build quality (Neet HDMI cables). The build quality of the Amazon cables is very good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts