Advice on speakers

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I'm looking for a set of wallmounts for the kitchen, which I intend to hook up to my existing living room set up. I'm keen on the AVI Neutrons as I've heard these and was very impressed and they would be small enough to look decent mounted to the walls. I just want to check that these would work as they are only capable of being single wired and my Arcam A85/P85 biamp my living room speakers. If I was to use the second set of speaker terminals on the A85 and run them into the AVIs then would this work or do I need a set of speakers that can also be baimped? If I need to biamp the second set of speakers then what would you recommend - they need to be no more than 35cm tall and preferably less than 30cm deep.

John Duncan

PMC DB1+ are biwirable and great but more expensive:

H - 290mm (11.4 inches)
W - 155mm (6.1 inches)
D - 234mm (9.21 inches)
(+ 6mm or 1/4 inch for grille)
Weight 9 kg (19.8 lbs per pair)

There's a dedicated wall bracket

John Duncan

There's the B&W CM1 as well, of course, at a more comparable price, but I think you might find them a (only slightly) retrograde step compared to the AVI, unless you prefer their aesthetics. The PMC is worth the extra money if you can stretch that far (imo).

CM1:
Height: 280mm (11 in)
Width: 165mm (6.5 in)
Depth: 276mm (10.9 in) including grille and terminals

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I've been looking at the PMCs and think they look pretty good and have had some good write ups. Of course there may be some bargains going as I gather they've just been updated too.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Anyone help on the biamp one set of speakers whilst just having the second set of speakers fed by the preamp? Is this possible or will the interconnect that runs between the pre and power mean this doesn't work?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts