Advice on new 32 inch TV please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I currently own a sony Trinitron TV and think its about time I traded it in for a new TV. I am looking at a 32 inch model. I watch mainly freeview digital TV and do not have Sky but may get it in the future. I would like a TV that handles the standard digital freeview signal very well but is also good for HD should I invest in sky at a later date. Looking to spend somewhere around £400 to £700. I am considering the panasonic LZ85 but other recommendations would be good. Thanks for your help

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We've got a Supertest of 32in TVs in our current, February issue....

You're definitely on the right track with the Panasonic TX32LZD85 if you're looking for a fantastic Freeview picture now and a brilliant TV with Blu-ray/HD TV in the future.

A

Anonymous

Hi

thanks for the advice. quite like the SD slot in the panasonic but will check out the pioneer too :)

A

Anonymous

Sony 32W4000 is hard to beat
emotion-5.gif

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
If I may bust into this thread, I think that I read somewhere that the Panny was a bit better than the Sony for Freeview transmissions. I raise this because I, also, am interested in a Freeview 32" LCD. The insuperable problem is that my wife isn't.

A

Anonymous

Miker:If I may bust into this thread, I think that I read somewhere that the Panny was a bit better than the Sony for Freeview transmissions. I raise this because I, also, am interested in a Freeview 32" LCD. The insuperable problem is that my wife isn't.

Id still go for the Sony ------------ KDL-32W4000 OR the KDL-32V4000.

Bought one of each last November (had a bit of a splurge!) for the Bedrooms (Main and guest) and I've found the Freeview reception on both to be very good ................ much better than several set top boxes I had and have now given away!

Plus as I live in an area that does not officially receive Freeview signals (well not until 2012 at the earliest) I find this pretty amazing. Only time I have a problem with Freeview is when the weather is very hot and we pick up the French TV signals bouncing across the channel!!!

If you check around, you can find several deals on the Sony's also .................. Amazon had one going B4 Christmas ............... about £350 for the V4000 + a 3 year warranty and Richer Sounds WHERE doing the V4000 for £300!!! ..................... they no longer list them on their website, but may be an idea to ring your local branch and see if they still have any in stock ...................... you'll find them pretty helpful ................. last thing I bought off them, they had to ring around their other branches and once they found what I wanted had it shipped to my local branch at no extra cost to me ................... result!

Best of luck.

The SCOOBY

A

Anonymous

Apologies for hi-jacking the thread, but it's convenient
emotion-10.gif
. My Dad is looking to get a new flat screen on a budget, so I've been looking at/for Sony 32V4000s. Who has the best deals atm?

A

Anonymous

RainMeister:

Apologies for hi-jacking the thread, but it's convenient
emotion-10.gif
. My Dad is looking to get a new flat screen on a budget, so I've been looking at/for Sony 32V4000s. Who has the best deals atm?

If your in London .......... try PRC Direct OR RGB Direct

[ http://www.prcdirect.co.uk - http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk ]

You'll get a better deal IN STORE where you can haggle in person

OR try your local dealers ............... times are hard, so you should be able to get a good deal anywhere ......... if their NOT interested - WALK?

Richer Sound DID have them at £300 ALL IN - (5 yr warranty @ £30 extra) ............ deal seems to have ended, but could try them to get a price (???)

[ http://www.richersounds.com ]

As your on the net ............. hunt around for yourself .............. but avoid Ebay .............. too easy to get stung on there.

Best of luck

The SCOOBY
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

hi. got a 32"lg and its great ,top picture in sd and hd and you can get one for about 400 quid.BARGAIN.....

A

Anonymous

festa:hi. got a 32"lg and its great ,top picture in sd and hd and you can get one for about 400 quid.BARGAIN.....

So dearer than a Sony? _______ & not as good!

Good result
emotion-40.gif
......... For a LG salesman

Not really a BARGAIN!
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

having seen both tvs i think the lg is a better picture,and looks a better tv,and you can get it for 349 now,but hey each to they own.

A

Anonymous

Hi, sorry for tagging myself onto your thread but i am having exactly the same problem as you. I am at the moment deliberating between the KRL32v, the 32W4000 and the LZD85. They are all similar prices with 5year warranty. I am most drawn to the Pioneer solely because of its name and from a brief glimpse of it in a showroom, however the prospect of a new Sony coming out in March is hard to ignore? I will be mainly using the set for gaming with a PS3, watching blu-ray and normal DVD's, any consesus as to which of the three tv's or waiting till march is this best option would be great! Thanks

A

Anonymous

Stolli:Hi, sorry for tagging myself onto your thread but i am having exactly the same problem as you. I am at the moment deliberating between the KRL32v, the 32W4000 and the LZD85. They are all similar prices with 5year warranty. I am most drawn to the Pioneer solely because of its name and from a brief glimpse of it in a showroom, however the prospect of a new Sony coming out in March is hard to ignore? I will be mainly using the set for gaming with a PS3, watching blu-ray and normal DVD's, any consesus as to which of the three tv's or waiting till march is this best option would be great! Thanks

I know this is slightly off-topic but who told you there is new range of sony's coming out in March? I have been into a couple of sony centre's just recently and i was told the new range wont be coming out till the Summer.

A

Anonymous

Went into the sony centre in Leeds yesterday asking about the 32w4000 and he said they only had a few left in stock because they were bringing out a new 100hz version in march? Though you never know how reliable a source a salesman can be!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I emailed Sony UK this morning to find out if the W4000 range is being discontinued, as many of you seem to have been told, and also what's happening with the W4500 models.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
What about the Sony L series? just saw an L series side by side with a Z series, both 40 inch. of course the Z has better motion handling but I was stunned with the L series performance.Saw it also with freeview image. great!

A

Anonymous

Just went out and got this months magazine, as advised, which served to confuse me even further! I am still stuck, but the KRL32-V didn't even get reviewed, does this mean you didn't feel it was as good as the others or have you not got your hands on it in order to review it?

A

Anonymous

i got the KRL32-V today and its amazing, trust me, its the best 32 inch LCD ive ever seen :)

A

Anonymous

aj_vader:i got the KRL32-V today and its amazing, trust me, its the best 32 inch LCD ive ever seen :)
Is that a Pioneer?

A

Anonymous

I hope they are correct because currently after viewing a bunch of TVs, the Sony 40" W4500 (100Mhz Motionflow) is the only TV I would get. Unfortunately my room is too small for a 40" so I am waiting for the 32" version with high hopes that its just as good.

I was disappointed with the 32W4000's motion smoothness on blueray. I found it fast moving action slightly jerky where as the 40W4500 was as smooth as butter!

TRENDING THREADS