Advice on Music System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Onkyo 605, PS3 with quad 12Ls front and lites for rear, Im looking to improve my sound for audio, do I get an arcam CD player or similar or go for a squeezebox, i simply want the best sound and how much of an improvement over my PS3 would it be.

Cheers

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:The 605 is the bottleneck, music-wise, ahead of the PS3.........

Absolutely agree.
...And here is where planning ahead and getting an AV receiver with preouts is so useful... :(

PS3 through a decent £200-£300 amp will sound better than Arcam CD73 through an Onk 605.
Whats your budget?

A

Anonymous

I thot you would say that, heres the problem, i've been told I cant run my speakers into another amp as its not a good idea to have them going into 2 seperate amps so my only choice was to upgrade the source but now it seems a waste of time, so I take it the only solution is to upgrade my av amp which I wont be doing, argggghhh.

Cheers

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
tolmie:
I thot you would say that, heres the problem, i've been told I cant run my speakers into another amp as its not a good idea to have them going into 2 seperate amps so my only choice was to upgrade the source but now it seems a waste of time, so I take it the only solution is to upgrade my av amp which I wont be doing, argggghhh.

Cheers

You can sidegrade your AV amp (Denon 1908 for example), and then you'll have the preouts, in which to connect a stereo amp...

...You will find some improvement with your original suggestion, it's just that the amp will really not be doing the player justice at all.

A

Anonymous

Well thanks for all your help guys, cant see me spending more money on another AV amp tho, just need to put up with it.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

From what I read on these forum the PS3 with optical to ADM9 AVI are the ones to do.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts