advice on front speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi , i have been backwards and forwards on speakers for my 42'' panasonic.I have a marantz pm6002 and a denon 1730. Looking for small front speakers and sub , seen something like the mirage nanoset, but cant find them listed. I need something that will sit either side of the tv (situ in corner so not much room for boxy speakers), and allow the centre speaker to sit on the stand. sub on floor. Will Not be using the rear speakers but dont mind if i have to buy a full speaker package.My room size is 15 x 12 ft. any help in getting decent sound would be very helpful. (as an alternative would a yamaha ysp 900 do a decent job in my room compared to the above scenario i was looking for .Thanks in advance).

A

Anonymous

looking through the net and stumbled upon Kef HTS3001se ,would these be compatible with my existing equipment?, would they work effectively for room sound on their own? or is their other options ??

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice..have looked at some of the soundbars available and to be honest the Denon DHT FS3 looks like a strong choice with the Sub combined. The marantz also looks mean but maybe a little bit pricey at nearly 800 big ones.I'll get up to Richer sounds and hopefully get a listen to the Denon.Cheers

A

Anonymous

Seen some reviews for the YSP 900 suggesting the need for ideal room conditions for it to work. My lounge is 15 x 12 ft and the tv sits in the corner ..the two sofas sit alonside the opposite walls.Would this be less suited to the Yamaha. I have seen the Yamaha available on the net for £330 which would be a lot cheaper than the Denon but just wondering would i be losing a lot of the sound quality /performance by going for the smaller/ cheaper option??

A

Anonymous

I've just bought a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.0's, quite small but bigger sound than you'd expect. Might be smaller than you want but for £90 theylre a bargain.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for reply..Im still trying to decide between an unobtrusive front speaker / sub set up or the soundbar. I know the soundbar is a convienent choice but just cant help wondering if i could do better with a 2.1 style built up??Cheers again for the reply on the wharfedale's, there is so much choice that you are practically depending on somebody steeering you in the right direction.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts