Advice Needed

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am new to this so please bear with me
smiley-smile.gif

I have just moved in to a new house and it seems the previous owners had a home cinema setup. The TV was was wall mounted and there are wires for speakers hanging out of the wall either side of the tv and below. Additionally there are wires in the 2 corners of the room for speakers. They all lead (behind the wall) to a corner of the room where the other ends are found. i am reliably informed this means they had a 5.1 surround system setup.

Its not something that I have ever considered but though I would investigate as it seems the hard work has been done for me. Can anyone advise what I need here? Someone has mentioned an AV receiver and sub woofer but I am unsure if this is neccasery. I would prefer to keep it as cheap as possible as anything would be an improvement to what I am used too!!!!

I think it is also worth mentioning that the speakers appear to have been fixed to the wall with a single screw for 4out of 5 speakers and the remaining one (under the tele) with 2. Keyhole mounting required i think.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!! Thanks in advance

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums doedeer :)

You are absolutely correct in your fine analysis of what was installed before you arrived. You certainly will need an AV receiver for a speaker setup and you will need to buy satellite speakers (small mountable ones) if you wish to use the walls. You will also need a subwoofer, but this not an issue as many systems comes with them.

So a couple things to ask first;

1. What is your budget as there are many options?

2. What are the dimensions of your room?

Once I have this I can advise you :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts