Advice Needed for Newbie...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking to buy myself a home cinema system. This is the first time so I am a bit confused with the amount of choice.

The room that I will be using the system in is approx 13.ft X 14ft

I will be using the system for watching DVD's and TV mostly. Maybe the odd CD now and then.

I would like the best quality sound for my money. My partners uncle has got a Bowers & Wilkins setup in his living room and it sounds awsome, however I know this is way way out of my league haha!!

I am looking to spend approx £350 - £500max so I am on quite a tight budget.

What would you reccommend to me?

Any help or advice would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Nathan

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Budget home cinema in a box system test in the current, February, issue - should do you very nicely indeed. Or if you can find one at a decent discount, Sony DAV-IS10 system.

A

Anonymous

I recently visited a Sony store and saw the DAV-IS10 system setup. I was amazed at how small the speakers were? Do these produce a high quality sound? Would you rate them compared to a cheaper bose system?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If you can find a Bose system for @£450 street price, good luck! The Sony offers far better performance-per-pound than the pricier Bose systems - as do other options from Pioneer, Samsung....

The drawbacks of the Sony system is it isn't a set-up for huge rooms (you should be absolutely fine) - and you have to position its subwoofer near to the front speakers, as the sub is delivering midrange as well as bass.

But no other subtle-styled system sounds so effective for the money - which is why it won an Award in 2007.

A

Anonymous

I recently visited a BOSE store and saw a 2.1 setup for approx £400? i jus cannot remeber the model number which does not help? would you rate a BOSE 2.1 system?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts