Advice for new CD-Player and Speakers with Yamaha RX-V 2600

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I own a Yamaha RX-V 2600 receiver and I would like to improve the music side of my installation. For space and money reason, I will stick to this receiver as a Hi-Fi amp.

I am looking for a new CD Player and have pre-selected the Cambridge Audio Azur 640C v2, Rotel RCD-06 and Marantz SA 7001. (Budget € 600.- / £ 400.-)

For the speakers, I have already listen to the KEF iQ9 together with the Yamaha and liked the pairing pretty much (the CD Player was also a Yamaha one). I however was not able to listen to the complete combination with one of the above CD Players.

Would anyone have an advice for pairing these equipments? Thanks.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
Frankly I was not impressed with the 640C v2, multiple award winner or not. The SA7001 sounded good to my ears, but with the rave review of the new CD6002, I guess that should be the one at the top of your shortlist.

As for the speakers, unless you have a rather bass light room (I say bass light rather than large room because acoustics can vary drastically from room to room), you may want to go for the iQ7 or even the iQ5 instead. In general, I have found that AV amps do not have a good grip of bass notes so I'm a little worried that you might end up with loose flabby bass with the iQ9.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your answer.

I made a comparative listening between the iQ7 and iQ9 and preferred the iQ9 (iQ5 are too small for the room). I have a pretty large L-shaped room (65 m2) with stone floor and brick walls in which I think the iQ9 would be better (am I saying non-sense?).

For the CD Player, I have not listen to the CD6002 yet but I will do so before to buy anything.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have the Yamaha RXV2500 and I have the KEF IQ9s (also IQ3s and IQ6c for 5.1) and they sound fantastic with all kinds of music. I use my Denon DVD3930 as my cd player using both amp and dvd player in their PURE AUDIO DIRECT modes when listening to music.

A

Anonymous

Hey, nice to see that someone is using the Yamaha-KEF combination with good results. I intend to use the iQ9 for music as I already have surround speakers (Cabasse Xo) but I could consider to complete my KEF System with surround speakers later on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts