Advice for Buying a New TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I'd thankfully receive your advice before buying of a new TV. It's the first LCD for us, we are thinking about the Sony KDL-32P3020, or maybe the more costly Panasonic TX-32LXD700.

We'll move to continental Europe (Germany or Luxembourg) in some months, is there any (non) compatibility issues we should be aware of?

Would you also advice on the main advantages out of the additional price to pay for the Panasonic? Main use will be off-air TV channels and DVDs, some of them music-DVDs.

Thanks in advance

Eze

A

Anonymous

I have been doing a fair bit of research on these sets, unless you really need the likes of an SD card slot and a third HDMI port, it may be worth your while looking at the Panasonic TX-32LXD70, which has exactly the same picture quality as the 700 model, but is at least £100 cheaper, and £150 if you shop around a bit.

A

Anonymous

You are not really comparing like with like. The nearest Sony competitor to the Pana32LXD700 is the KDL-32D3000, which gets excellent reviews. It has fantastic contrast, reportedly good support for 24fps blu-ray movies, and is available for only £613 now.

If you are looking for a cheaper set, the Sony KDL-32P3020 did win the supertest in the March edition of the magazine, but unfortunately they didnt test the Sony KDL-32S3000 which is very similar price and looks a lot nicer.

I believe your analogue tuner wont work in Germany or Luxembourg as they do not use the PAL system, but then it wont work in this country in a few years. The DVB digital tuner in the TV should work for their equivalent of freeview.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts