Advice for a suitable amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good day everyone, It's my first post here so please forgive my ignorance of technical jargon.

I have a playstation 3 that I purchased mainly for playing films on blu ray although I have more standard films at present. I also have an LG upscaling DVD player for my region 1 discs.

I am looking to replace the cheap acoustic solutions all in one surround sound package I have at the moment.

I have a smallish lounge 10ft x 13ft and have a budget of around £350 for amp and speakers.

I have looked at the latest what hi-fi magazine and noticed the onkyo 505 gets a great rating, woulds this get the best sound out of my ps3? I have been told that the sony STR-DG910 is a good amp and will allow me get a better sound through HDMI. Is this true?

I know that buying an amp for £250ish will not leave me a lot for speakers so I may have top stretch the budget a bit on these. I just would like a bit of advice as it is a lot of money for me to make a mistake with.

Oh I have also seen a sony all in one (the HTSF 2000) which is claimed to do HD sound through HDMI. Is a package like this worth looking at or would I get a better quality of sound from buying a seperates system.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

fitzyboy2000

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
seperates all day long, if you go to richersounds they have got a deal on at the moment for an onkyo 505 kef 1005 and a free onkyo dvd player for £450 i think?????

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts