Admin...........

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
......If possible, could you please free-up the thread "Running AV receiver and Hifi amp" which is a first thread by Sebbelcher. Not being altruistic, just don't want to retype answer. :( Many thanks Cno

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Rather confused - the thread isn't (and has never been) locked. It is right here, with your reply:
http://www.whathifi.com/forum/av-receivers/running-av-receiver-and-hifi-amp

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Sorry Clare, I worded that badly. I replied to the thread, and it's somehow being blocked from appearing, even though its showing me as the last poster. It's probably to do with the blank reply from the previous poster.

Thx for the prompt reply

Cno

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
It looks ok from here. I have quoted a small extract...

CnoEvil said:
Hi Seb and welcome. IMO you should change for an AV amp with pre-outs, then: - Make sure your Alpha 10 doesn't have a switch that lets you use it as a power amp. - If it doesn't have the above (likely)...

Is that the one you can't see? (From 5:51PM).

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
We've moved and rightly so; still can't see beyond the 2 posts of that thread, even after a refresh and a restart. Weird.

Now currently listening to: Pere Ubu - Pennsylvania

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
Just opened up a new browser window, not signed in to the site or anything, and I can still see all the posts on that thread.

It's not happening for me; restarted browser and machine, changed compatibility settings; still only see OP and blank post by sawsolent...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Very odd: will report the problem, but have now tried it on several browsers and a variety of devices, and in each case can see all the posts on the thread.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Well thats very weird, i have just tried the thread in safari & i can see all the posts & sawsolent post is not blank like it is in ie8. :~

A

Anonymous

The scond post was the problem, it was full of Microsoft formatting code. Guessing the post was wriiten in Word or similar and then posted into the submit box.

The brilliant thing about this bug is that it only b*ggers it up for Microsoft users.

I have removed the offending code so it should be OK now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts