Adding home theatre to my stereo setup??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I am looking to get setup with a 5.1 surround sound in my living room. I currently have a NAD amp and Rega floor standing speakers which I use for music and the T.V.

I am unsure what is the best solution for adding the 5.1.

So I suppose I am asking what is the best solution with a budget of £500

Don`t know if it matters but we would only be using the 5.1 for films once or twice a week.

All advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks

John

A

Anonymous

I have not heard your NAD or speakers (not much of a HIFI nut) but I would advise if you dont want to double up on front speakers, to get an AVR with pre- outs and then just add the other 3 speakers and sub if required. I'm not sure what partners well with your setup, but the Yamaha 767 would be one option.

A

Anonymous

Ok thanks, I like the sound of that, nice and simple.

Sorry if this sounds a bit thick but can you/someone explain the process of switching between music listening to watching a film in 5.1 to watching the T.V. in 2 channels through one of the amps?

I did think that I might be able to add a Onkyo type package, leaving everything setup as it is and only using the AV amp and 5.1 speakers when we are watching a film. Leaving the T.V. connected to the hifi amp via RCA leads but also having it connected to the AV amp via hdmi. Would that work OK other than it being a waste not using my floorstanders in the theatre setup?

I want to keep things fairly simple as unlike myself, the gilfriend doesn`t enjoy playing with remotes and gadgets etc and I want her to be able to continue enjoying music and t.v while i`m not there..

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts