Adam A5X or hifi speakers and small amp with build in dac?

gasolin

I am not 100% happy with my Adam A5X, so i looked at some amps and so the nuforce DDA 100 but it's a bit to large for my desktop, just a few inch, it has the right power and power input (waiting for 2 clearer audio mains with iec 13 end termination), price is okay although very close to my limited if i want good speakers, the amp costs about 520€

Then there is the NuForce Icon-2 it's not that powerfull, but the size is much better, i can have it next to my mousepad and use my nuforce usb cable, just can't use my mains i am waiting for.

The speakers if they are not to big would be the Dali zensor 3 or klipsch Reference 51 II which atm is cheaper then the dalis, the klipsch Reference 51 II costs 375€ for a pair, dali zensor 3 costs about 400€ for a pair(they are gonna be used with isoacoustics 155 stands so not bigger then the 2 speakers)

Would hifi speaker and a real, although small (size) amp, be better then Adam A5X?

Dali zensor 3 or Klipsch Reference 52II?

Is there any other small amp with build in dac (usb type B connection, in the amp) you would recommend me?

I want a small amp with build in dac i can use with a usb cable (type b) my new mains and alot of power with dali zensor 3 and klipsch Reference 51 II (atleast 50watt pr channel with the zensors)

I can return a nuforce xlr interconnect and the adam A5X so i would have at least 1000$ about 750€.

My limited is under 950€

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
For me, I'd take the Adams any day, but it isn't an objective decision about which is better, it is a subjective decision based on your needs and preferences.

Out of interest, what is it about the Adams that you aren't 100% happy with? It might help people know whether their suggestions or your proposed alternatives will remedy the issue.

gasolin

Theres somthing about the midrange i feel is different, mabye because they are new and not burned in.

Another thing is if i play loud electronic dance music i get all the cold air right at my neck,ears, allthough it never was a big problem with my krk's (rokit powered 5 g3) i noticed it a bit more playing loud and thinking if you use them as near field monitors (as thery are) with your computer and sit 2-3 feet from the speakers how can any one listen to loud electronic dance music with all that air

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts