Active Speakers with AMT Tweeter

valkyrieorion

Sep 8, 2020
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking for a bookshelf speaker for my office that is active with XLR input. I was pretty close to going with either the Elac Navis or Acoustic Energy AE1 but I decided to go listen to some studio monitors locally as that is the only option for buying speakers where I live (other then big box Best Buy).

I listened to some Adam T7V speakers and remembered how much I enjoy a AMT tweeter (from when I had some Martin Logan Motion 35XTI and to a lesser degree Elac Carina). Searching online I've only really found the studio monitor options (Adam, Pre Sonus and HEDD) and AirPulse on Amazon but I was hoping for something a little "hifi" I guess or just what other options might be out there. My budget is around $1500 - $2000 CDN but could go slightly above that.

There are more options on passive out there (Audiovector, Golden Ears, Martin Logan, Elac) but hoping I am just not seeing something obvious when I get some time to search. Have had some good advice on here so looking for options.

Thanks!

Reactions: AJM1981

daytona600

$1000 Hedd built in germany AE & Elac built in china
Doubt any Oscars & Emmies will be recorded , Mixed with AE & Elac
Hedd & Hildur Guðnadóttir is an award-winning Icelandic composer, cellist and singer known for her scores for 2019 film, ‘Joker’ and HBO mini-series, ‘Chernobyl’ (2019).20k R (1).jpg

Reactions: valkyrieorion

valkyrieorion

Sep 8, 2020
Visit site
$1000 Hedd built in germany AE & Elac built in china
Doubt any Oscars & Emmies will be recorded , Mixed with AE & Elac
Hedd & Hildur Guðnadóttir is an award-winning Icelandic composer, cellist and singer known for her scores for 2019 film, ‘Joker’ and HBO mini-series, ‘Chernobyl’ (2019).View attachment 2748
Yep I don't mind paying a bit more in some ways for Made in USA or Germany, not that I am mixing at all.

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Darko seemed to like the 07 Mk2, but I’ve also seen some very favourable reviews of the Kali IN series of studio monitors. There’s a 5” and 8”. If you look at the 8” make sure it’s the ‘2nd wave’ version. Doesn’t have AMT though, but much cheaper than the Hedd.
I’ve currently got a pair of 05 mk 2s at home and comparing them to my AE1a. They sound superb and have an edge over the AEs (which takes some doing!). The AMT tweeter is sweet as a nut . Only problem at the mo is that they’re hard to get hold of and the price might be creeping up.

Reactions: valkyrieorion

valkyrieorion

Sep 8, 2020
Visit site
I’ve currently got a pair of 05 mk 2s at home and comparing them to my AE1a. They sound superb and have an edge over the AEs (which takes some doing!). The AMT tweeter is sweet as a nut . Only problem at the mo is that they’re hard to get hold of and the price might be creeping up.
I think I saw your post on another site wigwam, I will watch there for your thoughts.

Reactions: Pedro2

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts