Active Dali Zensor 1ax

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
A lot of times an active speakers beats their passive counterpart sound quality wise, due to their specific amplification, as seen with the Ls50wireless. How do the 2 different Zensor 1's compare? I can't seem to find a lot of information on this. Is the 1ax an overall "better" speaker than the passive Zensor 1?

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
As you can see both models got a glowing review here on whf.

Theses are not however active speakers and have one speaker with a built in amps and one regular passive slave speaker, I am not saying this is a good or bad thing.

With the difference of 300 pound you have to decide whether you want convenience (based on not having an amp) or sound quality. Based on a deduction from the review it seems to indicate seperates are better, and marantz and Dali are often stated as working well with each other.

Based on this alone I'd prefer to buy a nmarantz pm6006 and a set of dali 1s rather than 1ax if space wasnt an issue.

It might be worth while looking into the yamaha nx-n500 speakers at a little more money

insider9

I've not heard the actives but passive Zensor 1 are lacking in midrange. They are quite Dali in presentation rhythmic and enjoyable but wouldn't use them for anything other than surrounds in home cinema. There are better speakers in that price range.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts