ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Milan Djordjevic said:
Dear sirs from editorial staff "What Hi-Fi" magazine, I read your magazine for years and very much appreciate reviews of devices that you write. I only have one question for you.

Why never done reviews of any product company Accuphase?

probably because it's a product with limited distribution in the UK and Accuphase, or its U.K. Distributor, has never provided a product for review.

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Do you see Accuphase Ads often in What Hifi ?

And you know Milan, there is not a lot to write about Accuphase. Super sound, the benchmark for the whole market, bad price/performance ratio and the test is closed.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Plenty of advertising and articles on Accuphase here in Japan where I live.

TBH, nice equipment, but I think it's a bit expensive for what it is outside of Japan.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
ID. said:
Plenty of advertising and articles on Accuphase here in Japan where I live.

TBH, nice equipment, but I think it's a bit expensive for what it is outside of Japan.

I think you're quite right with your first comments about distribution. Also prices outside Japan, but always worth picking up second hand as they really are fabulously well made kit and last a lifetime... if money was no object, I'd buy their pre/power in a blink.

I think the only other amplification I would consider over Accuphase is Devialet and that's mainly down to size and aesthetics.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

plastic penguin said:
Citing price as an excuse for not reviewing Accuphase is rubbish. They've reveiwed far pricier gear in 'Temptation' section of the mag.

Exactly the same for Luxman. But as always it depends on the company to supply a dem model.

Exactly. As with all publications they cannot review what is not sent to them to review. Simple as that.

Very few items are ever actually purchased by magazines although a know of a few reviewers that purchase the product after reviewing it.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Citing price as an excuse for not reviewing Accuphase is rubbish. They've reveiwed far pricier gear in 'Temptation' section of the mag.

Exactly the same for Luxman. But as always it depends on the company to supply a dem model.

Unlike Burmester, which seems to be in Temptation almost every other month.

spiny norman said:
plastic penguin said:

Unlike Burmester, which seems to be in Temptation almost every other month.

It's because they're shiny. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts