Absolutely pathetic 'punishment'

Gray

Watch as a bag of rubbish is tipped by the roadside.
There's no question about what was being done or who was doing it.
Caught red-handed, the police were on the scene.......
....to issue a 'stern warning' FFS, a stern warning!
English law allows for a maximum fine of £50,000 for a fly tipping offence - and this clear-cut case qualifies for a warning.
How much do we think they regret doing it? They must have been laughing about it ever since.
I would have let them off (if it was a first offence) with half the maximum fine.
Punishment for them and a deterrent to others. Otherwise, what's the point of the police and law?

You'd hope that they get fined - that's pretty blatant.

There's a wonderful medieval deer park near us that attracts people all year round, but when the weather's nice it seems to attract people who leave litter. I'll never understand it - clearly they come because they find the place appealing, so why leave it in a less appealing condition for others?

I've come to the conclusion that for the sake of my own equilibrium it's better to accept that some people are just ignorant/selfish/lazy/stupid etc. It'd be better if they weren't, but that seems a forlorn hope.

Now, those who throw bottles out of cars, leaving broken glass along the roadside that my dog will walk along - clearly death by firing squad is the only option!

jjbomber

- clearly death by firing squad is the only option!
It's been banned in Viet Nam and now it's lethal injection. We watched one by firing squad on YouTube. About 1,000 people turned up to watch. Convicted drug dealer. They read out all his crimes and the crowd gasped after each one. Then the squad shot him. The doctor then came to inspect him. The bullet holes in the front of the body were like drill holes; really clean. The holes in the back of the body were like my golf divots from my pitching wedge. Huge clumps ripped out. So you know JFK was shot from the front!

DCarmi

What surprises me is not that the lowlifes dump rubbish but they have the crass stupidity to dump it at a motorway refuge area where there were bound to be cameras watching!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts