Above us the waves?

While barsking in the recent hot weather and enjoying bucket loads of cold drinks [non alchoholic] something has been afoot in our living room. We have a Sony Trinitron DL11 IDTV and since the hot weather [and sometimes in windy weather] the digital channels only, especially the commercial ones are either pixelated or there is no reception at all. Has anyone had the same experience? and/or could anybody advise me how to overcome the problem. . .crikey, its a tough life?

Matt_B

Oct 29, 2007
Visit site
Yep I get the same, cold fronts, high pressure, low pressure, leaves on the line, next doors microwave its unfortunately the case with freeview due to the technology used and low power most multiplexes are working on until the analogue switch off.

Sky HD or Freesat will be purchased as soon as I've made the descision between - W3000/W4000/4280/PX80/PZ85

do a search for freeview problems on google - or this forum thinking about it as I posted a couple of links of decent sites with advise that might help. But realistically it'll be an issue for another couple of years for most us (notts is 2011!)

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
It's possible that a bigger "freeview" ariel would help in bad weather. Basically higher gain than the old style tv ariels. I have no idea how much it would cost to get one installed though.

My parents next door neighbour has just had a new high gain ariel fitted and he said it's made a huge difference to the quality on freeview. Especially in bad weather.

I used to get problems with sky at my old house whenever it rained. Picture either breaking up or loosing channels due to "no signal" . It's alot better in the new house, only time I've lost signal/channels was in a bad snow storm.

Hi all.

We have our ariel in the attic and about 18 months ago we asked a service engineer, because we have no chimney, the best solution was to attach a 60 foot ariel to the side of our bungalow. It would look like a radar station and I don't think the natives would be best pleased.

It seems like an itch I won't be able to scratch.

TRENDING THREADS