About to buy a new home cinema setup - should I wait for 3d

peddie44

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I am about to shell out for a new home cinema setup, however, I am worried that I am going to be setting fire to a big pile of cash by not waiting for a few months because 1 of the following will happen:

1. 3-d TV turns out to be brilliant and takes off, and I literally buy a 2 grand system a couple of months before it is obsolete

2. 3-d TV turns out to be pants, but the prices of 2-d setups plummets for a while anyway while people are buying into the new 3-d fad

What do people think? Wait for 6 months or bite the bullet?

P.S. Does anyone know what sky are planning on charging for 3-d subscription? I assume more than the £10 a month HD costs? And do virgin have anything in the pipeline?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

If you have sky and like sport WAIT and buy 3D, its brilliant - see it for yourself and dont believe the knockers

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
peddie44,

Only you can decide how important 3D will be to you, but I'd say if you have any doubts you should wait: that way you get the latest equipment when you buy, or if you decide 3D is just a flash in Japan (oh, and Korea) you should still reap the benefits of those piling in to it, thus knocking down prices of non-3D equipment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts