Abbey Road

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Thanks!

I would be happy to pay 30 quid for an album that I would get many, many years of enjoyment out of. Like I say, I'd rather buy fewer, and more expensive records if the quality is better. For me it's all about the music. And people don't flinch at spending 30 pounds on a new box-set of whatever-is-latest-trend TV boxset series N. Or new handbags and shoes, which I know my partner goes crazy for :p

A

Anonymous

Discogs is where I get my used vinyl. Generally I only purchase from sellers that have 100% rating, that way your pretty certain if they're describing the LP as Mint or Very good, thats what you'll get. Sellers are from all over the globe with a huge range of price variations so its possible to snap up a bargain from the EU. I tried flea bay and was disappointed more than once.

As MajorFubar said, how much you want pay is entirely up to you. Also in the UK I know most people would happily waste 30 pounds on alcohol on a Friday/ Saturday night weekly binge, I know where my cash would go.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Spectre said:
Discogs is where I get my used vinyl. Generally I only purchase from sellers that have 100% rating, that way your pretty certain if they're describing the LP as Mint or Very good, thats what you'll get. Sellers are from all over the globe with a huge range of price variations so its possible to snap up a bargain from the EU. I tried flea bay and was disappointed more than once.

As MajorFubar said, how much you want pay is entirely up to you. Also in the UK I know most people would happily waste 30 pounds on alcohol on a Friday/ Saturday night weekly binge, I know where my cash would go.

Waste? :cheers:

A

Anonymous

I thought that might prove controversial. Just never seen the allure of alcohol, (and I tried) hence I never really fitted into life in England.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Great thread, so this afternoon I spent listening to Abbey Road and Let it Be, all be it on CD.

Pure genius and to me they dont sound at all dated.

:) I might be a bit biased as I'm totally nuts about all their work:)

A

Anonymous

laserman16 said:
Great thread, so this afternoon I spent listening to Abbey Road and Let it Be, all be it on CD.

Pure genius and to me they dont sound at all dated.

:) I might be a bit biased as I'm totally nuts about all their work:)

I'd go as far to say Abbey Road is the greatest album ever made, ever, in the whole history of mankind. :p

Seriously though, it is superb!

Clare Newsome said:
Personally i've picked up some real bargains in charity shops, but (as mentioned) some outlets are wising up to pricing. Still, it's all in a good cause...

Here, here! Or maybe that should be 'hear, hear'!

Just got a mint Bach arias LP (EMI ASD 3265) in a Stow-on-the-Wold charity shop for £1.50, stickered at £5 from a Notting Hill music shop. And a triple CD for £3.50, like new.

But not a mint Abbey Road, sadly. However, a quick look on the Bay completed listings suggests quite a few decent ones sell for £15 or so.

A

Anonymous

There's an MFSL abbey road going on Discogs, but it ships from the US with a hefty 18 dollars shipping charge. Has anyone had a record shipped to them from the US before?

Actually there's also a NM for 14 pounds from Germany, but the seller only has 2 reviews! :/

A

Anonymous

I have the opposite problem, I'm in the US and buy stuff from the EU (I'm an ex Pat). Recently bought an LP from Greece and it arrived in good condition and packaging in tact so I understand your concerns. Shipping is a big issue (expensive) in the US but the USPS is pretty good, certainly better than the Royal Mail when it comes to not bending or folding stuff.

TRENDING THREADS