A subwoofer for Tannoy DC6T or DC6

Ygate

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I am trying to decide between the Tannoy DC6 and the DC6T which I will connect to a marantz 7004 amp when I get it (unless recommended otherwise), I am looking for a subwoofer that would work with both but I could not find a Tannoy subwoofer that is meant to be used with either of these. Is there a subwoofer that is known to work well with these? I can't audition any of these as I will buy them online.

The idea of getting an LS50 KEF also crossed my mind but I would have to find a local dealer and a nice subwoofer for it as well

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/Tannoy-Revolution-DC6-Speakers-Pair/product_5903

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/Tannoy-DC6T-Speakers-Pair/product_5736

Thanks for the help

Hi Ygate welcome to the forum.

Perhaps a bit more info. is required as I am perplexed as to why you should need to supplement either of your speaker suggestion with a subwoofer if you have not actually auditioned them.

I consider subwoofers, unless in very difficult situations, to belong in the AV domain and should not necessarily have a role in a pure stereo set-up. This is primarily down to the complexity of set-up in a stereo system.

Do you have a particularly large listening room? Have you actually listened to the Tannoys? Why the urge to get a subwoofer?

Ygate

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply

I have not auditioned the tannoy speakers as they have no dealers in the UAE, which is why I am considering ordering them from the UK

I picked these speakers mainly because of the reviews which might not be ideal but auditioning audio equipment here is very limited to the very high end speakers mostly.

As for the subwoofer, I am a bit of a bass head. I like the thump in classic music and orchestra to be felt if that makes sense.

My room is about 6 x 4.5 meters but the positioning of the speakers might not be at the max distance.

I do appreciate the help

TRENDING THREADS