A sub-sonic filter would be handy.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was listening to Groove Armada down by the riverside today (just on the pc plugged into the amp) and I noticed that at not a very high volume with loudness off and eq off there was a large amount of movement from the bass driver. It happened when there was nothing really playing just a bit of quiet music. It kind of freaked me out so I havn't played the song since. Also when I play Pink Floyd DSOTM on vinyl, the same thing tends to happen. You cannot hear it, but the driver is moving rather confidently in itself! Dodgy recordings doesn't sound right from Floyd, so I can't work out where the fault lies.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I suspect it's because the computa is giving a less than clean signal. Throw it away and buy a good CD player or turntable.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Just checked my drivers on GA and they hardly move at all. Mind you if I listen to the comments on this forum it's because I have Arcam stuff which is so laid back (pedestrian) that even the speakers don't move!

A

Anonymous

I've got an Arcam CD73, so no problem there...it's just I use the PC running into the amp for creating DVDs off my camcorder and so I was browsing music on it to add to the DVD. I can't believe it's the PC though, because it's using a Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum sound card which cost be an arm and a leg. And most songs are fine, and the turntable, which is a Project Debut III does the same thing.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Hughes123"]I was listening to Groove Armada down by the riverside today (just on the pc plugged into the amp) and I noticed that at not a very high volume with loudness off and eq off there was a large amount of movement from the bass driver. It happened when there was nothing really playing just a bit of quiet music. It kind of freaked me out so I havn't played the song since. Also when I play Pink Floyd DSOTM on vinyl, the same thing tends to happen. You cannot hear it, but the driver is moving rather confidently in itself! Dodgy recordings doesn't sound right from Floyd, so I can't work out where the fault lies.[/quote]

Well the Pink Floyd problem is probably warps in the record - very few LPs are completely flat. Was the Groove Armada copied from LP, too?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="Hughes123"]I was listening to Groove Armada down by the riverside today (just on the pc plugged into the amp) and I noticed that at not a very high volume with loudness off and eq off there was a large amount of movement from the bass driver. It happened when there was nothing really playing just a bit of quiet music. It kind of freaked me out so I havn't played the song since. Also when I play Pink Floyd DSOTM on vinyl, the same thing tends to happen. You cannot hear it, but the driver is moving rather confidently in itself! Dodgy recordings doesn't sound right from Floyd, so I can't work out where the fault lies.[/quote]

Well the Pink Floyd problem is probably warps in the record - very few LPs are completely flat. Was the Groove Armada copied from LP, too?

[/quote]

No the Groove Armada album was a download of my mums from i-tunes - not the best quality I know - but it's all I had.

If it is a warp on DSOTM, is it damaging any components? And should I buy a seperate pre-amp so I can have a sub-sonic filter? No amplifiers have them today; even my JVC doesn't have one. The only amplifier I am interested in that would have one is the JVC A-X9....unless that Technics one you recommended has one....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts