a step in the right direction.....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Love Marantz stuff myself, and everything you say describes it perfectly as well as what the other contributors have had to say.

Finally get my Lektor's at the weekend and will have to see how they get on with my Pioneer. If I'm not happy I will go straight out and buy the PM6003, which was what I was going to do until I came across this mint A400. Glad you're happy!

A

Anonymous

Mains conditioners have been measured to prove they do what they claim ...

job done then .. sorted.. you will use them forever more and be eternally happy.. the end...

A

Anonymous

Sizzers:Love Marantz stuff myself, and everything you say describes it perfectly as well as what the other contributors have had to say.

Finally get my Lektor's at the weekend and will have to see how they get on with my Pioneer. If I'm not happy I will go straight out and buy the PM6003, which was what I was going to do until I came across this mint A400. Glad you're happy!thanks sizzers , i must admit im just a little bit proud that both yourself and mathew agree with my marantz analysis
emotion-1.gif

(told you mr E, im after your job
emotion-5.gif
)....

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:
Mains conditioners have been measured to prove they do what they claim ...

job done then .. sorted.. you will use them forever more and be eternally happy.. the end...

As you will be with your sidestepping of amps

And we'll BOTH die happy in the knowledge that 'blind tests' dont mean anything in the world of hifi

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
High end cables DO make a difference - not always for the better though! I prefer a decent solid-core copper to most of the space-age stuff.

Same with mains conditioners - most I've heard somehow make the system sound worse, slower... bleh. PS Audio make a very good one we used at a couple of shows though, can't remember which model.

Just thought I'd throw in my pennies worth :)

The variances you mentioned earlier in the thread Max - there are many and you will always have them, just been listening to the new Reference - tolerance on drivers is +/- 0.5dB yet hearing two different pairs within tolerance the sound is different... Not so much better or worse, more of the slightly different flavour type of difference. The higher up the chain you go the more you'll hear these things - budget product is a lot more forgiving of the little differences!

A

Anonymous

aye its been an interesting and very enjoyable ten weeks since ive began my hifi voyage of discovery jim , so far ive had two different amps (three including my av amp) and two sets of speakers ,

and theres been a slightly different sound with each combination ,and even from different positioning , altering room acoustics etc , its a real learning curve ok , but the forum has been very helpful ,

ive been given nothing but great advice along the way , an upgrade to a really good amp may be on the agenda in a few months , but for now , im loving what ive got
emotion-11.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
AEJim:
High end cables DO make a difference - not always for the better though! I prefer a decent solid-core copper to most of the space-age stuff.

Same with mains conditioners - most I've heard somehow make the system sound worse, slower... bleh. PS Audio make a very good one we used at a couple of shows though, can't remember which model.

Just thought I'd throw in my pennies worth :)

The variances you mentioned earlier in the thread Max - there are many and you will always have them, just been listening to the new Reference - tolerance on drivers is +/- 0.5dB yet hearing two different pairs within tolerance the sound is different... Not so much better or worse, more of the slightly different flavour type of difference. The higher up the chain you go the more you'll hear these things - budget product is a lot more forgiving of the little differences!

A lot of mains conditioners are no good for amplifiers and anything else power heavy which is perhaps why youve not been too keen

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts