A speaker cable question ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all i'm currently ripping my lounge floor apart and have chanelled out the floor for an electric cable to go from my fuseboard to outside so that i can have power outside in my shed. I'm now about to start channeling out for my speakers in the same way but as the power cable cuts the room in half diagonally all the speaker cables at some point must cross the power cable and i'm concerned I may suffer some interference, can anyone answer this for me please?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Shouldn't be a problem with speaker cables. Would potentially be a prob with interconnects as the signal levels are so much lower, so the potential for even minor interference to make itself apparent is much greater.

If you're really worried, consider a shielded speaker cable such as this, but I am sure it won't be a problem.

A

Anonymous

Thats a relief ! I'm using QED anniversary xt so should be ok then however i was going to drop my sub lead in there aswell but after what you said i think i'll be best to run it around the room instead, thanks Andrew

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
As long as you're using a decent shielded sub lead, and try to get it to cross the mains cables at a right angle, or at least never running parallel to the mains wiring, you shouldn't have a problem in that respect, either.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts