A really hard question..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Mrs Fubar has zero interest in recorded music, and barely no interest in live music unless it's Wet Wet Wet or The Proclaimers. Because the hifi is in the same room as the TV, and that's what's usually on (for her), I rely on listening either on headphones in my 'study' (small front bedroom, where I am now) and when she's at Brownies on Tuesday nights and Cub Scouts on Thursday nights.

Like most people she can sit and watch TV and be enthralled by the kind of things I'd rather chew my own nails off than watch, but take away the visual stimuli and she's utterly bored stupid unless it's something to dance to. I have tried to explain what I listen to and how/why music alone (ie without needing an image) engages me entirely, but she can't feel the same about it.

If I walk in the room and talk to her while she's watching TV, she's like "hang on I'm waching TV...now I've missed that bit!", but if she talks to me while I'm listening to music, she's like "well you only had some music on?"

She is of the majority though, I am the minority.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
My wife is not interested when I want to talk about hifi or show any interest when I play music I could say I am going to spend £12.000 on some Dali epicon 8s and she would not blink .

at least us men have this forum to talk about hifi or music *smile*

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
My wife is not interested when I want to talk about hifi or show any interest when I play music I could say I am going to spend £12.000 on some Dali epicon 8s and she would not blink .

You dont seem to have any restrictions imposed by your better halve. So jealous of you :)

My wife would skin me like a chicken, if i ever blurted out the price of the chord dac, forget the rest of the setup :)

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
No Restrictions Newlash

the only Restrictions I have is the bank account and a dream to own the Dali epicon 6 or 8s *smile*

Give me an orgasm. All curved veneer with typical high gloss dali finish. Add to it a typical punchy dali sound...whats not to love, except the price :)

Samd

Blacksabbath25 said:

Our entire major expenditure on hifi is a combined effort cos we both love it so much - she'd be posting on here if I told her I was!

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
That’s the only issue the price I could probably get the epicon 6s Secondhand but the cheapest I’ve seen them is £5000 but new they are £8000 and the epicon 8s are £12000 new which I can’t afford unless I win the lottery

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:

Lol. I wrote some time ago that women "perceive" music in a different way to men. I do not know the source, but the article said that women focus on vocal in the first instance ( what is reasonable because women are the sex who listens and is more emotional rather than physical in bed ) and that to them the sound does not play so much important role. I.E. they can tell more if the sound has more bass or not but they have more difficulty in sound analysis or are indifferent to it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts