A&R A60 Dragooned into action after 30 years

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
My AVR600 has decided to start overheating, due to a known biasing problem, so has to go back to Arcam for a modification. To keep me going, I have Sky (and later my DS) connected to this venerable geriatric.....which in turn is connected to the LS50s. It sounds rather good. :rockout:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
My son spent 10 fruitless minutes pointing a remote at the A&R A60 trying to get it to work......until it was pointed out that this amp pre-dated remote controls( for amps). :doh:

He wanted to know why it didn't have a "mute button".......so I told him that since you had to get out of the chair to control the amp, it was just as easy to turn it down while you were there.

Simpler times I suppose......which is totally alien to the kids of today.

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
My son spent 10 fruitless minutes pointing a remote at the A&R A60 trying to get it to work......until it was pointed out that this amp pre-dated remote controls( for amps). :doh:

He wanted to know why it didn't have a "mute button".......so I told him that since you had to get out of the chair to control the amp, it was just as easy to turn it down while you were there.

Priceless! The very first remote controlled device I had was a 15" Fergusson colour TV. It lasted for years & years before I gave it to a friend. I didn't have a remote amp until about six years ago - would hate to be without remote volume - especially with a laptop.

However, to make up for the lack of exercise, I do walk to the fridge for a beer more often instead. :cheers:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
busb said:
CnoEvil said:

Priceless! The very first remote controlled device I had was a 15" Fergusson colour TV. It lasted for years & years before I gave it to a friend. I didn't have a remote amp until about six years ago - would hate to be without remote volume - especially with a laptop.

However, to make up for the lack of exercise, I do walk to the fridge for a beer more often instead. :cheers:

I remember the first Ultra Sonic Remotes of the 70s, which could upset the dog......I even seem to recall a dog whistle confusing matters.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts