A question to Cyrus owners

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello. I just received Cyrus 8vs2 ( Amazing piece of kit, upgraded from 8vs - I will post my quick review later ). I guess it did not come with original power cable and it fits pretty loose at the back. Do you experience the same ? Should buying a new one fix it ?

Some connections do become loose over time. As long as a good connection is being made and it's not so loose that its going to fall out then I would not be concerned.

If it is very loose then I would source a cheap replacement.

Gray

All I can say is that, from new, the connection on my Cyrus 8 amp is the loosest that I've experienced. I've tried different plugs.

I can feel that those 2 pins are not going deeply enough into the receptacles. If I had to guess, I'd say they're going no further than 5mm in. (Therefore hardly clearing the splayed openings of the receptacles).

Also, more than is usually the case with IEC connectors, the pins and their receptacles seem to be doing all the holding - there's not the normal feel that the plastic bodies are taking any strain.

(And why bother with 3 pins when only 2 are required right?)

As has been said, don't worry too much as long as you've got a connection.

In my case the back of my amp is not exposed, so I just make sure the connector is fully in, then it's never touched. I'm not overly bothered but it's very loose and one day I may fit another chassis connector on the amp, as I feel sure that would cure it - and of course it won't hurt that it will have 3 pins, even if manufacturers have decided that an unused earth pin serves no useful purpose!

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Can't say it is something I have ever noticed on either of my units. But then, once plugged in, I don't think I've touched them apart from the odd cable cleaning frenzy. It's certainly not obvious enough for me to have noticed it then....

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Yes agree it's a common thing having owned about 12 Cyrus boxes over time, but if you just tie the cables up, or put them into a conduit, not a problem. I've never had a unit flick on and off by a loose connection, to potentially damage the unit. Even though they are loose, never any issues.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts