A Denon, Yamaha Onkyo Question or two

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
There is a lot of twisting and changing with prices and equipment going on at the moment which makes for some interesting questions. The Onkyo 876/875, Denon AVR-3808 and Yamaha RX-V3900/3800 have at various times been compared with each other and have at times been similar prices but at the moment The Onkyo is circa £700 the Denon £1000 and the yamaha £1200 I am sure that when they are rated this will significantly affect their percieved value and should be considered against their ratings.

Ok thats one point for discussion my second is on rated power the Onkyo use 1 driven channel, for the Yamaha I have seen outputs reported to drop to below 100W for 5 channels driven of these three the Denon seems to be the only one for which the rated output is rated into all channels.

I did recently review all these (well 875,3900, 3808) with a Cyrus CD ProAc Tri towers and for a CD program for me the Denon clearly led with Music. I wonder if this may be a result of the design of the analogue circuits and from the understandings of their own outputs are the Denons better?

Mr Gaz

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Got my 3808A last week ,music sounds great for an avr using pure mode and denon link. HD sound from 2500bt is awesome.

My speakers are rated at 6ohms, so the high all channels driven figure was a factor in my choice , however the other amps you mentioned should all be fine.

I was told by my dealer ( after collecting the amp ) that all the Denon range was going up by 20% from !st of feb or when current UK stocks have ran out - he told me the 3808A was going to be priced at 1800 notes ( I had paid 999 !!! ) - unbelievable !

A

Anonymous

Yes the list price of the Yamaha has already risen to £1500 and as there are none in stock so £1200 seems the cheapest, I think the offers on the 876 will be finishing soon and they will be £800 - £900 with discounts and I doubt the Denon will be available for less than £1400 to £1500 it is all due to the strength of the Dollar and Yen or weakness of the Pound whichever way you look at it. The same I suspect will happen for monitors as well albeit to a lesser extent as they have been dropping in price.

A

Anonymous

Bad all round really as you can see that if prices do rise to these levels there won't be many sales and the outlook for the resaler will be very bleak. I expect a few more shops will be following empire direct out of the door.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts