A couple of hifi interconnect questions...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Morning guys,

I basically need a 2m run of interconnect cable between my existing amp (with pre-outs), as Im planning to get a power amp and situate it away from the main components of my system.

1. Will it sound ok over a distance of 2m? Are there any cables you guys can recommend for this particular job?

2. Does the quality of the interconnect matter as much between the pre-amp and the power amp, as it does between my source and the pre? Im using Nordost Blue Heaven at the moment, and really happy with the improvements over the ultra budget QED Qunex 1. Would I need to get a similar quality cable for the pre-power, to stop there being a 'bottleneck' or limiting factor in the sound?

Cheers

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
2m is perfectly ok. In answer to No. 2, every cable matters. If you want to get the best out of your new power amp, you should be using at least the same quality interconnect as you are already using.

A

Anonymous

Hi. Agree with above. In fact I've read recently that the Nordost cables work best in longer than 1m lengths (can't recall why this is) and that often the effect is most beneficial from pre-power. Either way I'd get similar quality cable otherwise any effect you've gained will probably be lost.

A

Anonymous

cheers guys, just as I thought, so it will be an expensive solution :(

TRENDING THREADS